Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

K-1 Visa Evidence

K-1 Visa Evidence

Old Jan 7th 2004, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Pauljarv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-1 Visa Evidence

I am posting my visa forms to the US embassy today. I have bank records, property ownership and other evidence that I can support myself it's the other stuff I need which is a pain.

I need evidence that we are fiance's. I bought my fiance a ring that used to be her grandmothers and was at a pawn shop, we didn't get a receipt but will try, if we can't what eveidence can I use?

I haven't got police cert's yet. The Met Police website says the cert/statement will be posted back within a maximum of 40 days but the US embassy site says this will take at least 40 days? Which is right? I don't want to get my interview and not have my police cert!

How long from submitting my forms to the US embassy does it take to get the interview? My fiance is due on 2nd April and I'm getting desperate! Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 10:25 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 Visa Evidence

Paul you need to post this on the marriage based visa section on this site to get the replies you need.

One glaring thing though. Have you checked with the London consulate that you can self sponsor? It's very unusual to be allowed to do so and you are meant to get a sponser who meets 125% of the poverty line and it an American Citizen. If you are using assest then it has to be 5x the poverty line.

You really need to check what you're doing with the consulate. Have you filled in the affivdavit of support?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

I received a copy of the affidavit of support but it didn't say that I had to fill it in? It said on the US embassy website that when applying for the k-1 visa you didn't need to do it. This is the first I've heard of it?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

you dont need it for the visa but you have to send it when you apply for your permenant residency.

I didnt submit anything that proved we were fiances, all they asked for was bank records and the police certificate (which by law has to be processed within 40 days) I did have a couple of valantines cards and pictures of chrismas together in both countries, but was never asked for it

Unless its all changed in the 10 months since i did it, you only need to submit the forms, the rest is for the interview
Old Jan 7th 2004, 12:45 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Pauljarv
I received a copy of the affidavit of support but it didn't say that I had to fill it in?
You don't fill it in, the USC does and provides all necessary documentation; it's taken to the interview with you.
I guess it's enclosed in Packet 3 as a subtle reminder!!
They ask for it when you get to the Embassy on your second trip to the (so tall it makes you feel like a kid again) booth.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 12:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Look at this page on theembassy website, when I asked them how much they said anything over $1000 is fine for the interview
Old Jan 7th 2004, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Aaah, feel better now. It was starting to get on my nerves!! Thanks a lot, at least I'm not thinking I've left bits out. Hopefully the police thing comes in 40 days and I get my interview shortly afterwards!!