Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Just saying hello

Just saying hello

Old Aug 27th 2006, 7:37 pm
Not Blue in either sense!

BluePeter has much to be proud ofBluePeter has much to be proud ofBluePeter has much to be proud ofBluePeter has much to be proud ofBluePeter has much to be proud ofBluePeter has much to be proud ofBluePeter has much to be proud ofBluePeter has much to be proud ofBluePeter has much to be proud ofBluePeter has much to be proud ofBluePeter has much to be proud of
Default Re: Just saying hello

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! You are as nutty as I hoped you'd be, and I feel quite at home...

I may start work on that magnificent Blue Peter fire hazard, the candle-holding tinsel wrapped coat hanger contraption, just to celebrate.

Thanks all.

ps, that's my last Blue Peter ref. Promise.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:18 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BluePeter
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! You are as nutty as I hoped you'd be, and I feel quite at home...

I may start work on that magnificent Blue Peter fire hazard, the candle-holding tinsel wrapped coat hanger contraption, just to celebrate.

Thanks all.

Or that old Blue Peter favourite, egg blowing to make crappy imitation Faberge eggs, how we never got Salmonella is beyond me
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Or that old Blue Peter favourite, egg blowing to make crappy imitation Faberge eggs, how we never got Salmonella is beyond me

You blow eggs? Whatever floats your boat....takes all sorts I suppose.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
So thats where that mad idea came from every easter me and my sisters would sit around the dining room table and blow raw egg thru the tiny pin hole and then paint them and it was always a case of "so now what do we do with them?"

Not the case with the Sindy doll house tho ............
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You blow eggs? Whatever floats your boat....takes all sorts I suppose.
We was all at it every bloody week, something new to make, Mum never had a Washing up bottle for years
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
We was all at it every bloody week, something new to make, Mum never had a Washing up bottle for years
Now you've moved on from blowing eggs....I hear.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:29 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all.

I bet you're sorry now, calling yourself that, well at least you can take a good ribbing!
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:30 pm

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tbag
So thats where that mad idea came from every easter me and my sisters would sit around the dining room table and blow raw egg thru the tiny pin hole and then paint them and it was always a case of "so now what do we do with them?"

Not the case with the Sindy doll house tho ............
I've still got the sindy house and remember making the hospital. and my mum still has a basket of eggs blown and painted
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
I've still got the sindy house and remember making the hospital. and my mum still has a basket of eggs blown and painted
I bet my mum still has ours too in the loft I know for a fact that the sindy garden furniture set is still up there, cause she tried to bring it over here for me I did get my Holly Hobby and my Chicaboo and my Twizzler stick?.....lazy persons version of baton twirling with a string
Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:09 pm
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

My name’s Pete and I’ve lived in Philadelphia for 11 months. I married a local girl and here I am, battling with the complexities of the language. I’m from the South of England in general, Kent in particular, and Folkestone if you want the sordid details.

So there we were, sitting on the porch, me grumbling slightly about the feeling of isolation I get sometimes. My wife, being a genius, suggested I join an ex-pat forum. I looked here and saw someone called Rodney you Plonker and thought yes, that’s it! Nobody in America understands my cultural references and I don’t understand theirs. It can be tiresome. It was good just to read other people’s posts.

Well, that’s me and why I’m here. If I ever say “Down Shep!” or mention Valerie Singleton or sticky-backed plastic, please don’t stare blankly. I already get that from my American friends…
Hello Peter

Rodney you Plonker here, glad to see the name sparked some inspiration to join the Bexpats community. I am new to this website myself, I stumbled accross it by accident when I was looking through some investors forums, I dropped the word British into google along with forum and the next thing I knew I was chatting away with people on here, I don't think I have been on here without laughing yet, it's the bollocks.

I am in Owings Mills, Maryland and I am in and out of Philly all the time.

Dont get tired of the cultural references, play on it a little it's much more fun, if I am going outside to smoke I will announce that I am just going outside to blow a fag, that one can stop every conversation in the room, even the goldfish stop swimming, it makes my Marlboro moment that little bit more special

P.S. we got a thread going in the lounge right now with some funny clips from only Fools and Horses

Last edited by Rodney you plonker; Aug 27th 2006 at 10:20 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Rodney you plonker
I will announce that I am just going outside to blow a fag,
so you don't mind who comes and asks to join you then?
Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

He'll be running a mile if a Yank asks him
Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:36 pm
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute

It depends, all male applications will be denied, and females with a face like a blistered piss pot will go under close scrutiny based on the size of their boobies. All other applicants will be approved.

We are only talking about a cigarette here aren't we.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Rodney you plonker
We are only talking about a cigarette here aren't we.
we know that, it's the americans I'm worried about for you
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:08 pm
No income tax no V.A.T.

we know that, it's the americans I'm worried about for you
You don't have to worry about them, as soon as a bloke gets up and announces he is going outside to blow fag, you have got more chance of Judus Iscariot winning disciple of the year in AD 31 than you have of finding a yank within a hundred yards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.