Reload this Page >

Just a quick hello

Just a quick hello

Old Aug 8th 2013, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

thekettlewitch will become famous soon enough
Default Just a quick hello

Good afternoon all,

Arrived in Houston 3 weeks ago, just secured our rental and may return to a vaguely normal existence once I get out of this hotel and don't feel the need to throttle the offspring. Have used and abused the wiki before we landed, so sorted on most things...however I do have a couple of questions, which I thought it would be rude to ask before saying hello.

So hello to you all. If I become eloquent enough, I may even join in with more serious matters, such as Pet Peeves and football talk

Regards

Fenella
Old Aug 8th 2013, 8:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just a quick hello

Hi and welcome to BE
Old Aug 8th 2013, 8:43 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thekettlewitch
So hello to you all. If I become eloquent enough, I may even join in with more serious matters, such as Pet Peeves and football talk
Why wait - nobody else did

Welcome to BE, and all that. This is why I'm not a concierge.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 8:50 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Why wait - nobody else did.

Welcome to BE, and all that. This is why I'm not a concierge.
Welcome Fenella! ...... Please ask away, we're ready and waiting.

And no pretense at eloquence, or even literacy, is required to be accepted as a member here. We are also, apparently, a "punctuation optional" forum.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 8:53 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski

And no pretense at eloquence, or even literacy, is required to be accepted as a member here. We are also, apparently, a "punctuation optional" forum.
There was a smiley there, I always forget to punctuate before them.

I could mention your incorrectly typed ellipsis if you like ...
Old Aug 8th 2013, 8:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

There was a smiley there, I always forget to punctuate before them.
I wasn't having a pop at you, honest! . ...... I was referring to the "txtrs" who write half a dozen lines, or more, with nary a comma, much less a full stop.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 8:59 pm
I have a comma problem

I wasn't having a pop at you, honest! . ...... I was referring to the "txtrs" who write half a dozen lines, or more, with nary a comma, much less a full stop.
I knew they were included but you did also fix my punctuation when you quoted me.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 9:07 pm

I knew they were included but you did also fix my punctuation when you quoted me.
Hey, my middle name is also Helpful.

It would also have been better than the one I was actually saddled with!

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 8th 2013 at 9:09 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 9:08 pm
I have a comma problem

Hey, my middle name is also Helpful.
What would we do without you, eh?
Old Aug 8th 2013, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

thekettlewitch will become famous soon enough

Gentlemen

Punctuation is not optional.

As a caveat though, should I make a mistake and the sun is over the yardarm, then I am forgiven. (My rule).

If however, this is little nuance between the two of you, then I bow out now.

F
Old Aug 8th 2013, 9:10 pm

What would we do without you, eh?
Rely on Nutek!
Old Aug 8th 2013, 9:14 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Gentlemen

As a caveat though, should I make a mistake and the sun is over the yardarm, then I am forgiven. (My rule).

If however, this is little nuance between the two of you, then I bow out now.

F
Hope you didn't come here to get away from squabbling children.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 9:15 pm
I have a comma problem

We are in agreement. 'Twas a bit of sarcasm and observational humour based on the fact that so many seem to ignore it all over the sub-ether these days.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 9:16 pm

We are in agreement. 'Twas a bit of sarcasm and observational humour based on the fact that so many seem to ignore it all over the sub-ether these days.
Yes, indeed!
Old Aug 8th 2013, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Suexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to behold

Good afternoon all,

Arrived in Houston 3 weeks ago, just secured our rental and may return to a vaguely normal existence once I get out of this hotel and don't feel the need to throttle the offspring. Have used and abused the wiki before we landed, so sorted on most things...however I do have a couple of questions, which I thought it would be rude to ask before saying hello.

Regards

Fenella
So how are you liking it so far?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.