Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Just beginning - wish me luck

Wikiposts

Just beginning - wish me luck

Old Aug 20th 2006, 9:07 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just beginning - wish me luck

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
A good breeder will always take her dogs back...that's the sign of a good breeder. If I had known we couldn't have brought them here, I wouldn't have come. I will never forgive myself for what I did.
Awww mate. It's sounds like you left them with a great person though, I bet they were really happy & just think about what you saved them from, I'm sure 6 months in quarantine is really hard on animals. *hugs*
Old Aug 20th 2006, 9:08 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AngusMcdangle
Hi everyone, I have had the misfortune of falling in love with a girl (USC - Chicago area), and am about to start the long long road to move over there with her. I am meeting a US Attorney in London on Tuesday to discuss. I am already getting grief from my family, I have the heartbreak of leaving two children behind too - my head feels like its going to explode already. I will try and keep you all informed of my progress.

I am a Gas Service/Breakdown engineer and will be looking for employment in that field once over - I have written to NIPSCO but received no reply. Any expats out there who have done the same? Did your CORGI or OFTEC mean anything in the US?

TIA, Angus
Is your girlfriend in the US military?

Last edited by Partystar; Aug 20th 2006 at 9:15 am.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 9:29 am
Just Joined

AngusMcdangle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Partystar
Is your girlfriend in the US military?
Nope, a teacher in Gary, Indiana.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 9:32 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AngusMcdangle
Nope, a teacher in Gary, Indiana.
just wishing you the best of luck angus, it's always tricky when little 'uns are involved....imo one is never completely divorced from ones spouse when kids are involved.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 10:06 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
just wishing you the best of luck angus, it's always tricky when little 'uns are involved....imo one is never completely divorced from ones spouse when kids are involved.
I get over to the UK once a year and up to now the kids have come here once a year but at 18 and 24 they need to start live their own lives.

It was much harder when they were younger but it is still frustrating not being able to be more involved.

The crappy ex-wife relationship does not help.