July 4

Old Jun 24th 2004, 6:14 pm

Scarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond repute
Default July 4

What are people doing about July 4?

In England we lit our fireworks and bonfires annually to celebrate the mutilation and death of a poor guy who wanted to blow up the houses of parliament. Over here they want to celebrate such things as independance and freedom! I dunno.... All sounds a bit warped to me!

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
Old Jun 24th 2004, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Re: July 4

Originally posted by Scarlett-Dallas

In England we lit our fireworks and bonfires annually to celebrate the mutilation and death of a poor guy who wanted to blow up the houses of parliament. Over here they want to celebrate such things as independance and freedom! I dunno.... All sounds a bit warped to me!

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
We usually have a community golf game and we deck our cart out in the Union Jack. My husband and I have won it for the past 2 or 3 years which really pisses the Americans off. Then the golf club puts on a barbie, we all get drunk and accept our prizes and go home (we don't drive by the way, we live on the course).
Old Jun 24th 2004, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

working but on the brighter side our hotel is the only one on the waterfront and we get to watch the fireworks from the rooftop !

Jan
Old Jun 24th 2004, 7:30 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know - what can we do about it now - it's a bit on the late side!
Old Jun 24th 2004, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
When I first came here it was actually on the 6th July. My new boss greeted me with "Hey, Andy, we've just finished celebrating whooping your ass a few decades ago!"...........

Seriously though, we did the Nov 5th fireworks last year and invited all our American friends. We put up posters describing the reason for it all and tons of good ol' British bunting. Even our American friends agreed that Novemeber was a MUCH better time to have fireworks and bonfires etc. Just doesn't seem right sweating and swatting mozis whil watching the skies light up!!!

Andy.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK

Oh, yes, VERY good!!!
Old Jun 24th 2004, 7:56 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be watching England in the final. No doubt my husband will divorce me and I'll be deported!

Other than that we go out on the boat to watch the fireworks at that Syndey Opera lookalike in Boston, drink lots of beer and cook meat.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 8:56 pm

Scarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 24th 2004, 8:58 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 24th 2004, 9:22 pm
Brit'n'TX

we were invited to a July 4th party last year - I told my wife I couldn't possibly celebrate us getting our arses royally kicked! So I had a T-shirt made with the Union Jack on the front and "The British Are Coming!!!" on the back and introduced myself as "the enemy" ...

Old Jun 24th 2004, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

suzieque is an unknown quantity at this point

Lots of Americans ask me "do you celebrate 4th July?" I always tell them "of course, we celebrate getting rid of you lot!!!!"
Most seem to find it funny.

Old Jun 24th 2004, 11:57 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by suzieque
Lots of Americans ask me "do you celebrate 4th July?" I always tell them "of course, we celebrate getting rid of you lot!!!!"

I always look blankly and say that I thought it was a day to thank the Brits for inventing America in the first place!
Old Jun 25th 2004, 12:16 am
Brit'n'TX

Originally posted by sibsie
I always look blankly and say that I thought it was a day to thank the Brits for inventing America in the first place!

Old Jun 25th 2004, 2:05 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by suzieque

It's like the question, "Do you guys have the 4th of July in England?" I say, no, we go straight from the 3rd to the 5th
Old Jun 25th 2004, 1:06 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ScousePete
It's like the question, "Do you guys have the 4th of July in England?" I say, no, we go straight from the 3rd to the 5th
Do you have Thanksgiving in England?

Yes but ours is on July 4th.