Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Josie's questions on renting a bar in the USA

Josie's questions on renting a bar in the USA

Old Nov 13th 2012, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Josie.x.x.x. is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Josie's questions on renting a bar in the USA

Hi. I,m an expat presently living in the algarve. Looking to relocate. Trawling through sites an adverts looking for a bar to rent. Ideally in the USA. We work as a family unit . Myself my 21yr old son an my husband who lived and worked in USA for over 10 years an classes it as home so looking if possible to relocate. We,re hard working reliable an genuine honest family looking for a bar/restaurant to rent low in goings but we,re willing to look at anything anywhere. An are defiantly not afraid of hard work. If you know of anything or you just want to rent, retire or just had enough please do not hesisitate to contact me. Any help would be appreciatted an anyone with an opportunity willing to talk will not be disappointed . Thanks for taking the time to read this post regards Josie.

Last edited by Josie.x.x.x.; Nov 13th 2012 at 12:21 pm. Reason: Thought of more
Old Nov 13th 2012, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Josie.x.x.x.

Originally Posted by Josie.x.x.x.
Myself my 21yr old son an my husband who lived and worked in USA for over 10 years an classes it as home so looking if possible to relocate.
Is your husband a US citizen? If not, you're likely looking at some sort of investment visa. Be aware that, because of his age, your son may not be able to piggyback onto your visa and may need his own separate visa (read = his own personal investment).

Start here. If there's a specific visa that fits, then we can give you some better guidance.

ETA: Renting a bar won't get you a visa... although buying one might!

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Nov 13th 2012 at 12:51 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that Ian. Yes he was, we understand what we would need to do. An that my son would need to get his own. With connections stil in USA we would sort it. Thanks again
Old Nov 13th 2012, 1:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Well if your husband is a US citizen, he can just sponsor you to move to the US.

Not much going in bar rentals I'd have thought, you either own or are employed.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 2:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. I,m an expat presently living in the algarve. Looking to relocate. Trawling through sites an adverts looking for a bar to rent. Ideally in the USA. We work as a family unit . Myself my 21yr old son an my husband who lived and worked in USA for over 10 years an classes it as home so looking if possible to relocate. We,re hard working reliable an genuine honest family looking for a bar/restaurant to rent low in goings but we,re willing to look at anything anywhere. An are defiantly not afraid of hard work. If you know of anything or you just want to rent, retire or just had enough please do not hesisitate to contact me. Any help would be appreciatted an anyone with an opportunity willing to talk will not be disappointed . Thanks for taking the time to read this post regards Josie.
I think you've posted in the wrong forum. It seems you already know how to immigrate to the USA (via your USC husband), correct?

You are only seeking a bar/business to rent. This forum is for visa information only. Have a look around BritishExpats to see if there is a forum that better suits your question.

Rene
Old Nov 13th 2012, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

Ye had realised once done. Thanks
Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Hadn't started of in immigration but as doin it from my I phone it has a mind of its own and moved the post. Realised afterwards. Thanks
Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:22 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hadn't started of in immigration but as doin it from my I phone it has a mind of its own and moved the post. Realised afterwards. Thanks
It's OK. I believe a Moderator from the other forum where you posted, moved it here to the Visa forum. But since you're not asking about a visa, it doesn't belong here either.

Rene
Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Ye there are other forums? Didn't think I,d put it there. Ha ha oh well try again! Thanks Jo
Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Married2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I thought this was p o r n spam when I saw the OP's moniker and was going to report it to the moderators. Best luck with your plans.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 4:00 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I think you've posted in the wrong forum. It seems you already know how to immigrate to the USA (via your USC husband), correct?

You are only seeking a bar/business to rent. This forum is for visa information only. Have a look around BritishExpats to see if there is a forum that better suits your question.

Rene
There are undoubtedly immigration queries here. The path is far from clear cut with the limited information so far given.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit
There are undoubtedly immigration queries here. The path is far from clear cut with the limited information so far given.
Oh, I agree with you. But the OP stated they already know what to do about a visa, and her post was only to seek out a bar to rent. For renting a bar, she needs to post somewhere else.

If the OP has further immigration questions, then by all means she can ask them here.

Rene
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Josie's questions on renting a bar in the USA

I know someone who rented a bar/restaurant last summer, I also know the guy who owns the building.

Getting a Liquor License can vary from being a pain to pretty much impossible depending which State you are looking at.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Ye we understood that. But it was worth a try askin. I originally didn't.t put it on the visa forum. Goin to post again on a seperate forum. But if any1 knos of anythin let me kno. Thanks Jo
Old Nov 14th 2012, 3:11 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Now asking in Portugal forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.