Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Joizey drivers

Joizey drivers

Old Aug 16th 2006, 5:46 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Joizey drivers

Originally Posted by gsnichol
In Tucson there have been two or three accidents already involving school buses, and the schools only restarted this week. Also a 60 year old man was knocked off his bike and killed when hit by a pickup truck last night. But as we all know what you have to do to obtain a driving licence here its no surprise and I'm sad to say it.

Also, slightly unrelated. I don't think I've ever seen someone on the hard shoulder of the A1(M) changing a spare tyre, but it seems every time I drive to Phoenix I pass about 3 or 4 vehicles jacked up, in both directions, having tyres changed. What do they do to their roads here?!
Yeah, I saw a news report on a school bus accident on Monday, luckily no one was hurt.

I think the blown tyres might have something to do with the intense heat here!
Old Aug 16th 2006, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

dunno why they allow re-tread tyres here cos they are a death trap lying all over the roads, one blew off a truck last week when i was driving along the interstate...pretty scary :scared:
Old Aug 16th 2006, 6:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
dunno why they allow re-tread tyres here cos they are a death trap lying all over the roads, one blew off a truck last week when i was driving along the interstate...pretty scary :scared:
The freeways are strewn with bits of tyres...actually some are great big pieces.

On some of our freeways we have enter and exit lanes onto the fast lane. Also hard shoulders on the fast lane....I would hate to be broken down at the side of the road. :scared:
Old Aug 16th 2006, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The freeways are strewn with bits of tyres...actually some are great big pieces.

On some of our freeways we have enter and exit lanes onto the fast lane. Also hard shoulders on the fast lane....I would hate to be broken down at the side of the road. :scared:
My first memory of our first visit to Florida ten years ago was the number of burst tyres on the side of the interstate. You just don't see it back home. I got a flat on my last holiday there so called the hire company to send someone out to change the wheel