John Peel

Old Oct 26th 2004, 1:42 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute
Default John Peel

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3955289.stm

A Great Dj Sadly missed
Old Oct 26th 2004, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John Peel

Very sad indeed. I grew up listening to John Peel, it is odd to think of the beeb without him.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Suess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to all

Originally Posted by vegas
Hi,
I just read this on the Daily Telegraph website.

He was 65 and died on a working holiday in Peru of a heart attack.

Back in the day he turned me on to T-Rex before they were famous. It was really him that gave them the air time and plugs that got them noticed. He also turned me on to such classics as Bessie Smith.

He was a really cool guy and he will be sadly missed.

Sue
Old Oct 26th 2004, 5:01 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Un-fu**ing believable is all I can say. Every morning I wake up, grab some coffee and check the BBC news online and for some reason when the page was loading today I kinda knew someone important had kicked the bucket. Anyway, Mr. Peel was the best DJ the beeb ever had. I loved listening to his shows (although I didnt like all of the stuff he played). It's so sad that he was taken as quickly as that. RIP
Old Oct 26th 2004, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

The world of music is sadder for his passing.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

British music,arguably our greatest export,would not be where it is today without John Peel.
This man discovered some great talent and gave them the platform to go on to wonderful careers.
Sixty five is far too young for a man who still had so much to give,this is a huge loss for the music industry and broadcasting.
Irreplaceable?
Definitely.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

The Washington Post carried an obit for him today. First I ahve seen for anyone from the UK.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:13 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

From the Wasingto Post

The sessions, many of which were released as records, were sometimes classic (New Order, the Cure, the Damned), sometimes forgettable (the June Brides? Half Man Half Biscuit?), but they came around like clockwork every week, as did Peel's yearly "Festive 50" roundup of his favorite records of the year.

Forgettable, Half Man Half Biscuit, burn the heretic
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

scan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tone
From the Wasingto Post

The sessions, many of which were released as records, were sometimes classic (New Order, the Cure, the Damned), sometimes forgettable (the June Brides? Half Man Half Biscuit?), but they came around like clockwork every week, as did Peel's yearly "Festive 50" roundup of his favorite records of the year.

Forgettable, Half Man Half Biscuit, burn the heretic

Surely “The Len Ganley Stance� by HMHB is up there with the classics
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:20 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Personally I Hate Nerys Hughes
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

scan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tone
Personally I Hate Nerys Hughes
*****in' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus
Old Oct 27th 2004, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Roightmush is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm glad the holiday season is nearly upon us cos
All I want for christmass is a Dukla Prague away kit
Old Oct 28th 2004, 12:48 pm
Blindside Fumbler

I Left My Heart at Papworth General
Old Oct 28th 2004, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Hair Like Brian May Blues
Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:04 pm
Blindside Fumbler

It’s Cliched To Be Cynical At Christmas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.