Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

John DeLorean Dies

John DeLorean Dies

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:04 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default John DeLorean Dies

John DeLorean Dies aged 80

John DeLorean was famous for three things:

his work on the Pontiac GTO in the 1960s
the gull-wing sports car that he created in the early '80s (used as the time machine in the Back to the Future movies)
his arrest for money laundering and drug trafficking.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:26 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John DeLorean Dies

holy cow, he just died?
original design for the delorean was fantastic...and speaking of it, I saw one driving down the road again last month
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

They never mentioned his drugs & laundering on the tv last night lol
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I bet the Doc and Marty are gutted.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 1:22 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Will his coffin rust and full apart like the DeLorean did??
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 1:47 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
Surely his coffin will have winged doors like the famed car? That would be a cool coffin...

NC Penguin
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 1:49 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Surely his coffin will have winged doors like the famed car? That would be a cool coffin...

NC Penguin
With flux capacity that will propel him back to the future when the coffin reaches 88 feet. Nice.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 3:15 pm
I still love a brit :0)

KarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
John DeLorean Dies aged 80

John DeLorean was famous for three things:

his work on the Pontiac GTO in the 1960s
the gull-wing sports car that he created in the early '80s (used as the time machine in the Back to the Future movies)
his arrest for money laundering and drug trafficking.
I missed this story somehow. I just did a paper on him for school a few weeks back....................It was about how greediness can affect a business, his drug story played pretty well for my paper
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 3:21 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was an aluminum body car??
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 3:39 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by tomelina
I thought it was an aluminum body car??
Common rust locations on the DeLorean

- Engine mount support member
- Front shock towers
- Rear shock towers
- Under middle front cross members
- Edges of seams on the frame

Not to mention the bad leaks and doors that jam.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 3:43 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

- Front shock towers
- Rear shock towers

I was thinking body rust for some reason? I suppose it's obvious that the frame and chasis would be steel...... doh! Thanks for clarifying.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 3:46 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

- Front shock towers
- Rear shock towers

why on earth do you know this ?
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:30 pm
sas
Forum Regular

sas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nice
Cool Re: John DeLorean Dies

I think the body was made of Stainless Steel (the car not the deceased!!)

That was part of it’s problem it was heavier than hell with a crappy engine. But it looked great and still does even now
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:40 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sas
I think the body was made of Stainless Steel (the car not the deceased!!)

That was part of it’s problem it was heavier than hell with a crappy engine. But it looked great and still does even now
Stainless steel NOT aluminum, I think you are right. I don't think I'll say anything more about DeLorean cars, as I don't really seem to know anything about them ........... I'll get me coat.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:45 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by Eskimo
why on earth do you know this ?
I'd heard of the leaks and rusting problems before. I watched a show on the DeLorean last year.

Google gave me the finer details

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.