Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

IT jobs on East coast

IT jobs on East coast

Old Aug 5th 2003, 10:43 am
Greg

Default Re: IT jobs on East coast

"Vampier" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I would say the complete USA right now. I've been looking for a job for 8
    > months (good resume and good refs.) 200 resume's out the door, 0 reactions
    > back.
    >
    > Go figure..... some people luck out though. Hopefully you're one of them.
    >
    > GreeTz
    >
    > Patrick

Hi Patrick,

It was reading the thread you started about your difficults in finding
employment that prompted me to be more careful about the employment
issue. I hope your luck changes and it works out for you.

- Greg

Old Aug 5th 2003, 10:54 am
Greg

Default Re: IT jobs on East coast

> What are your areas of speciality?
    >
    > SJ

Most of my industry experience is in C++ and Visual Basic. I've mostly
worked in the Telecomunications sector, but I've done some work
outside of it (which is probably just as well consider the state of
the telecommuncations market).

I've been trying my hand at learning new IT skills, such as Java and
various forms of web development such as PHP. I expect I stand way
more chance of finding work with something I have industry experience
in, but it'd be a nice surprise if I manage to break into something
new.

Old Aug 6th 2003, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

RaymanInPA is an unknown quantity at this point

Patrick - you know Pulaski just provided you a great opportunity to show everyone on this forum that you arn't full-of-bull (I know it hurts you to think that anyone would even entertain such a notion).

All you got to do is just post the info on these 5K job losses last week in NC. A link to a local newspaper will do.

Ps. Don't be so cynical to assume I am saying you are full-of-crap, if 5K people got sacked then its sad - its just that I didn't hear about it so I'd like to see the link.

Regards from Ray!
Old Aug 6th 2003, 2:04 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I am writing this slowly as it is obvious you cannot read. Pulaski was making the point that the 5000 where made redundant from a Cotton Mill. He wasn't questioning what I was saying, if you lived in NC you would know about what was happening in NC and would not give people advice based on a false reality. I am so sorry that the Governer of NC didn't call you personally to tell you that people are being laid off here. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it is not true.

You are a flamer, you come on here insighting people under a cloak of anonymity. I have been on this board a long time and people know I don't bullshit, on the other hand you are a johny come lately who is giving misguided advice, telling lies and making places out to be more affluent than they are - with no experience of that place.

The reason you have not heard of it is because you are not in NC, you have no concept of what is going on in NC and therefor cannot comment on NC. Take your petty misguided self and find a hobby like shark baiting or Lorry slamming.

I do not answer to you, in the same way you will not place a link to your company website showing all these mythical IT jobs in RTP.

I find it strange you have the gaul to say someone is full of crap when they are living in the area they are talking about yet you pontificate about a state you have never been to and an industry you are not it. You have just made every post you ever make null and void as no-one will believe a word you say!

If your going to post stick to subjects you know something about, software developers in NC (as you are neither a software developer or in NC) is out of that scope. As I am both I can post and have the facts to back up my claims, you on the other hand do not.

Patrick

Originally posted by RaymanInPA
Patrick - you know Pulaski just provided you a great opportunity to show everyone on this forum that you arn't full-of-bull (I know it hurts you to think that anyone would even entertain such a notion).

All you got to do is just post the info on these 5K job losses last week in NC. A link to a local newspaper will do.

Ps. Don't be so cynical to assume I am saying you are full-of-crap, if 5K people got sacked then its sad - its just that I didn't hear about it so I'd like to see the link.

Regards from Ray!

Last edited by Patrick; Aug 6th 2003 at 12:41 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 2:10 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RaymanInPA
<<snip>>

Regards from Ray!
Are you saying it's a shame you didn't get a telegraph about the story? Maybe some media companies decided to bury the story 'cos it hardly increases optimism across the country.

Makes me wonder if the media is not giving the full picture about layoffs and redundancies.

It's a North Carolina story. The company's name is Pillowtex. It is no more.

See:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Jul30.html

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlot...ws/6423363.htm

Here's the full AP report-
http://www.nbc17.com/employment/2369780/detail.html

NC Penguin