Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Job transfer - Info and questions

Job transfer - Info and questions

Old May 7th 2014, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

H Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job transfer - Info and questions

Originally Posted by MCDesi
Yes I guess so - just want to state my case and rationale and then see where it goes. Bottom line is that the company will make me apply for whatever the attorney says is the best option.
We got ours approved at the Embassy this morning

My wife got an L1A and I got an L2. I believe there was no specification of L1A or L1B from the employer - but the lawyer decided based upon my wife's job description.
Old May 8th 2014, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

MCDesi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by H Bomb
We got ours approved at the Embassy this morning

My wife got an L1A and I got an L2. I believe there was no specification of L1A or L1B from the employer - but the lawyer decided based upon my wife's job description.
Wonderful news - congratulations! I had a read through my new job description and read up a bit on Function Manager and do think I have a case to suggest to the attorney that we apply for L1A. While I won't have direct reports my role will act as a team leader of 1-2 people as well as my project management responsibilities.
Old May 8th 2014, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

hypascend is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely worth trying if you don't have the ability for the simpler E visa. However for the green card, you most definitely want to try and get them to go for EB-1C.
Old May 8th 2014, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

MCDesi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hypascend
Definitely worth trying if you don't have the ability for the simpler E visa. However for the green card, you most definitely want to try and get them to go for EB-1C.
Thanks - I'll ask about that.
Old May 24th 2014, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

This is such a painful process! Considering the size of the company, and the sheer number of international transfers that go on I am still amazed at the lack of progress.

Anyway, as an update we are still discussing:

1) We may still go for EB-1 - Still in discussions as to the reasons why they wouldn't and how we can build the case correctly based upon what I do functionally as a manager.
2) Deposit assistance appears to be something that will be offered - Awaiting the final details
3) Repatriation is proving to be harder to get a sign off for. Does anyone have any experience with this, i.e. actually getting it, how they negotiated it, etc.?

Didn't want to go quiet, so will keep updating as it moves forward (or falls apart )
Old Aug 28th 2014, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Sorry it has been a while but thought it would be good to give an update.

The company after a lot of discussion has agreed to most of my requests, which is great. The main one being a fully supported move and costs during the green card process and repatriation back to the UK working still for the company, which was my biggest concern if things went wrong.

We are just waiting for the finer points to be sorted. They have even agreed to go down the EB-1C route and also they have agreed to L-1A visa.

I have my visa interview on the 4th September and as a functional manager I am a little apprehensive as I have been told they are being stricter on the requirements. So fingers crossed and I should hopefully have good news within a week.

Last edited by hypascend; Aug 28th 2014 at 7:31 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 7:30 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hypascend

I have my visa interview on the 4th September and as a functional manager I am a little apprehensive as I have been told they are being stricter on the requirements. So fingers crossed and I should hopefully have good news within a week.
Don't worry about it. If the underlying petition is approved, then you are (barring any criminal reasons for ineligibility) nearly there.

At my visa interview I was asked how many staff we had in our office, how many of them reported into me and that was it.