Wikiposts

Jeans - USA

Old May 15th 2005, 4:53 am
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jeans - USA

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Bloody hell.....you must be loaded....those jeans are not cheap!

I was with my fashionista friend who fits new clothes in her profession so she has to wear the 'hot' labels....she needed some new jeans to wear to work in the fashion district in NYC, so we went to Neiman Marcus and she was trying the 'Sevens For All Mankind' range but chose to buy the "Citizens For Humanity" jeans instead as she finds them a better 'fit' - she is a perfect size 8.

She was so pleased that they had been reduced to $109 (were originally $178).
LOL! I'm far from loaded - I buy most of my shirts at Goodwill as I've found that there are often some really good quality ones there for next to nothing.
Often unworn, probably seconds or unpopular colours donated by comapnies
at the end of seasons. So I balance out my extravagance...also I've bought some Sevens jeans on e-bay for less than half retail price and they are perfect - probably fell off a lorry!!
Old May 15th 2005, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Levis here, never really tried anything else.
Old May 15th 2005, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky Brand are fab, quite expensive average $100 a pair depending on the style you like although I just bought a pair in Costco for $37.99 Also like AG but again they're quite expensive, don't mind paying alot for decent jeans, I wear them all the time and if I get a couple of years out of them then $100 isn't alot to pay..Loved Diesel back in the UK, used to pay about 90 quid but unfortunately anything European is horrendously expensive..Hate Levis, make my arse look huge..
Old May 15th 2005, 7:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by woodsey
Lucky Brand are fab, quite expensive average $100 a pair Also like AG but again they're quite expensive, don't mind paying alot for decent jeans, I wear them all the time and if I get a couple of years out of them then $100 isn't alot to pay..

Agreed! Also it's an incentive not to put on weight!
Old May 15th 2005, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dimsie
Agreed! Also it's an incentive not to put on weight!
Have you tried G Star, gorgeous but the cheapest I've seen is $160 my 4 year old Diesels have just gone through on the knee so I'm going to treat myself, whilst I can still get in them..
Old May 15th 2005, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

I usually buy Gap jeans but I've put weight on over the winter so bought some Old Navy jeans until I can get back in my Gap ones. The Old Navy ones are crap, the dye comes out of them and I end up with blue legs. I hardly ever buy the same sized jeans. I have size 6, 8 and 10 Gap jeans but they are all exactly the same size, I always take 3 different sizes of clothing into the fitting room with me because I find every store sizes their clothes differently

My husband always wears 501s and won't have any other make.

Every time my brother comes to visit we take a trip into NY City so he can stock up on Diesel or Earl jeans. Last time he came though he said he could get Diesel jeans cheaper in London but the Earl ones are still a lot cheaper here.
Old May 15th 2005, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Have you tried G Star, gorgeous but the cheapest I've seen is $160 my 4 year old Diesels have just gone through on the knee so I'm going to treat myself, whilst I can still get in them..
No - that's one I haven't come across - looked it up on Google and they do look good! Overstock have some at 75.99 but not full size range.
Overstock are worth watching, but they wouldn't take my UK Mastercard so I had to go elsewhere. I've now managed to get a US card via HSBC after much hassle so I shall be trying again.
Old May 15th 2005, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbark
I love Levi's, and always have, since I was about 15 years old. I used to buy 501's but now it's 515 all the way .... I wear the bootleg jeans, as the flare tends to help balance out the hips, and I also wear the capris and shorts. I shop for them at the local Goody's store, usually on a discount day where I get them for about $24.

I used to live in Levi's and still have several pairs ... but since being here I have been buying the low cut style by Refuge ... nice fit, albeit that they don't last very long!
Old May 15th 2005, 10:52 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Hate Levis, make my arse look huge..
Well mine is huge, so no worries there.

my 4 year old Diesels have just gone through on the knee so I'm going to treat myself, whilst I can still get in them..
That's how my teenage kids buy/wear them! They buy those 'worn' jeans from A&F or American Eagle, costing $80 or so a throw, then guess what? They rip them several inches up the side seams (at the ankles) .... grrrrrrr
Old May 15th 2005, 11:20 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

I bought some of the ripped jeans in Abercrombie & Fitch, and I love them! They fit me perfectly and I live in them now. I bought an old vintage pair of orange tab Levi 684s (very flared and very cool) from Ebay and I adore those. I bought tons of cheaper no-name jeans that I like because they have cool styles (low-rise, unusual fade etc) and wear those on stage because they're a bit thinner and don't make me sweat. I have way too many jeans but I can never resist a well fitting pair.
Old May 15th 2005, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Ditto on that. The Gap outlet stores tend to sell jeans with "slight defects" at a reduced priced. I've bought several of these "slightly defected" Gap jeans over the years, and to date I have YET to find the defects!

~ Jenney
the new left weave Gap jeans look defective anyway with tears and stuff....I love Gap denim and cos I work for them I get them at good prices
Old May 16th 2005, 3:44 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by UKintheUSA
I live in Gap Jeans! I like the reverse fit......good for small waists and SHAPELY bottoms!
The rise isn't quite tall enough, but better than most.

We must be the same shape! LOL! That's what I wear too. I used to buy Levi's custom fit and they were AWESOME!!! Jeans that fit like a glove for the first time in my life. They still make them in some places, but not with the tall rise anymore Darn it!!!