Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Ive been here nearly a year and i need to go get a TEXAS driving licence

Ive been here nearly a year and i need to go get a TEXAS driving licence

Old May 16th 2007, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ive been here nearly a year and i need to go get a TEXAS driving licence

Originally Posted by southern comfort
Well lets agree to iggy one another......that should work
You will not be here long if you carry on the way you are, now tell me why did you choose to come on here in the first place
Old May 16th 2007, 3:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ive been here nearly a year and i need to go get a TEXAS driving licence

Well lets agree to iggy one another......that should work
What will work is you stop being confrontational with everyone.
Old May 19th 2007, 8:52 pm
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
What will work is you stop being confrontational with everyone.
She probably needs a new bridge to live under ! :O
Old May 20th 2007, 5:02 am
Caring for the Elderly

no1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Like you, we left it nearly a year before getting our Texas licenses. To answer Sugarmooma, we were able to get insurance through Progressive, who were more than happy to insure us on British licenses... for $3800 per year! :scared:

Thackattack, you have to take both the written and practical driving test, and both are a total joke. If you can put the car into drive, you'll pass. Schedule a test, get it over with and then laugh about how much the test tells you about why Texans are the worst drivers on earth!
Wow is the driving test over here that easy, great news for when i go cos i get nervous, well i did when i took my test in the UK which i failed and was so miserable i never retook it which now i wish i did lol, but i got the chief examiner who was a right beep beep lmao, i suppose that is why our roads are safer then over home lmao.
Carn't wait now to go in for my test so that i can brag to all me family and mates back home i have a driving licence lmao.
Old May 20th 2007, 5:21 am
Caring for the Elderly

no1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to all

Considering lots of americans were driving en mass long before the brits hit the small roads ....I am sorry dont understand your "Closed Circuit" remark do you mean a huge country with LOTS of open roads ? The worse drivers I have ever encounted were my friends visiting over here VROOM VROOM gear changers hands and feet ever moving without the necessity to do so.......
Hey from what i am reading on here boy it is so much easier to pass your test here in the USA to the UK, i never took the written test back home coz mine was before there brought it in, but yes we have to do the parallel park, the reverse around the corner, the emergency stop, and the three point turn which yes i know you are now allowed to do it in more turns as long as you don't touch the curb, also you have to drive around a town or city which is always busy so yes i would say we are much safer drivers in the UK
Old May 20th 2007, 5:25 am
Caring for the Elderly

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
I'm sure Trubrit is not unhappy with everything American!
She is married to one
I agree she isn't she is a nice person Trubrit is
Old May 20th 2007, 5:32 am
Caring for the Elderly

Originally Posted by MichelleAnn
I agree she isn't she is a nice person Trubrit is
Here goes to my last answer which is jumbled up lol yes it is late lol, trubrit is a lovely person and we all like to have a moan and i agree with her about the juggling and on the phone it amazes me which i have said so to my hubby loads of times that it should be banned like it is in the UK and he agrees and he is American, so think on why over here have such i high automobile accident ratio