Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

It's a Summer Sunday - What Are You Doing Today?

Wikiposts

It's a Summer Sunday - What Are You Doing Today?

Old Jun 24th 2007, 2:14 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's a Summer Sunday - What Are You Doing Today?

It was hazy here this morning (June gloom) as I headed up Pacific Coast Highway, I arrived in Malibu hills (which sits above the low marine clouds) to a beautiful sunny morning. I tended the horses and then walked the dogs.
I drove back down PCH as the clouds had cleared. I always gasp when I get my first view of the Pacific ocean, it never fails to bring a smile to my face. Back home I spent the afternoon in the garden playing ball with one of the dogs as the 4 cats all 'sunbathed'. Mid afternoon saw a bottle of white wine opened. It is days like this that remind me all the sacrifices we made to uproot and come to California for a year are all worth it

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Here in New Jersey it's like a perfect English Summer's day.....sunny and very warm with little humidity.

It's a lovely day to have a picnic. We're going to Liberty State Park (across the bay from Manhatten with fabulous views of the city skyline) and close to Ellis Island the 'back' of the Statue of Liberty. There is a large state park with miles of flat pathways for people to go strolling, running, cycling or rollerblading.

Our Aussie friends are meeting us with their 7 year old and 14 month old daughters. Right now I'm making up a picnic (with bottles of wine of course....will probably get baleful looks from onlookers...) and I've made Coronation chicken sandwiches.

My other half arrived back from London on Friday so we also have Walkers crisps, French Fries, Twiglets, Mr. Kipling cakes, Flake cakes....and a couple of packs of the new Mars 'Planet' chocs.

The Aussie guy flew in from Queensland's Gold Coast last night.....I can imagine that the two jet-lagged guys will be falling asleep by late afternoon (and my guy is flying back to London tomorrow evening so I'll get him to buy more replenishments LOL!)...

What's everyone else doing today?
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:10 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Some pics of my day..
Attached Thumbnails It's a Summer Sunday - What Are You Doing Today?-dsc04269.jpg   It's a Summer Sunday - What Are You Doing Today?-dsc04289.jpg   It's a Summer Sunday - What Are You Doing Today?-dsc04325.jpg   It's a Summer Sunday - What Are You Doing Today?-dsc04328.jpg   It's a Summer Sunday - What Are You Doing Today?-dsc04296.jpg  

Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by anabella
Some pics of my day..
I envy you the mountains! So gorgeous!
Old Jun 24th 2007, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

I only get one weekend off a month, ask me how my sunday is next weekend

hubby did manage to mow the rest of the lawn at home and clear even more brambles from our property
Old Jun 25th 2007, 4:26 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Went to Lowes to price up some plastic sheeting, couple of hundred edging slabs and some pots for plants. Mrs Titchski decides she's coming along.

5 minutes after we get there, we leave as "It's too hot".

I am now researching on the internet while busy working, should have just done that in the first place