Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

It's a Summer Sunday - What Are You Doing Today?

It's a Summer Sunday - What Are You Doing Today?

Old Jun 24th 2007, 3:18 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile It's a Summer Sunday - What Are You Doing Today?

Here in New Jersey it's like a perfect English Summer's day.....sunny and very warm with little humidity.

It's a lovely day to have a picnic. We're going to Liberty State Park (across the bay from Manhatten with fabulous views of the city skyline) and close to Ellis Island the 'back' of the Statue of Liberty. There is a large state park with miles of flat pathways for people to go strolling, running, cycling or rollerblading.

Our Aussie friends are meeting us with their 7 year old and 14 month old daughters. Right now I'm making up a picnic (with bottles of wine of course....will probably get baleful looks from onlookers...) and I've made Coronation chicken sandwiches.

My other half arrived back from London on Friday so we also have Walkers crisps, French Fries, Twiglets, Mr. Kipling cakes, Flake cakes....and a couple of packs of the new Mars 'Planet' chocs.

The Aussie guy flew in from Queensland's Gold Coast last night.....I can imagine that the two jet-lagged guys will be falling asleep by late afternoon (and my guy is flying back to London tomorrow evening so I'll get him to buy more replenishments LOL!)...

What's everyone else doing today?
Old Jun 24th 2007, 3:38 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's a Summer Sunday - What Are You Doing Today?

Just finished splitting and stacking about 1/3 cord of wood, feeding and watering the chickens and staking the tomato plants. This afternoon (if the rain holds off) we are going to a BBQ at a friends place. They have a pond so we'll be swimming and fishing. Probably not at the same time though!
Old Jun 24th 2007, 4:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Here in New Jersey it's like a perfect English Summer's day.....sunny and very warm with little humidity.

It's a lovely day to have a picnic. We're going to Liberty State Park (across the bay from Manhatten with fabulous views of the city skyline) and close to Ellis Island the 'back' of the Statue of Liberty. There is a large state park with miles of flat pathways for people to go strolling, running, cycling or rollerblading.

Our Aussie friends are meeting us with their 7 year old and 14 month old daughters. Right now I'm making up a picnic (with bottles of wine of course....will probably get baleful looks from onlookers...) and I've made Coronation chicken sandwiches.

My other half arrived back from London on Friday so we also have Walkers crisps, French Fries, Twiglets, Mr. Kipling cakes, Flake cakes....and a couple of packs of the new Mars 'Planet' chocs.

The Aussie guy flew in from Queensland's Gold Coast last night.....I can imagine that the two jet-lagged guys will be falling asleep by late afternoon (and my guy is flying back to London tomorrow evening so I'll get him to buy more replenishments LOL!)...

When our daughter was younger we always used to go down to Liberty State Park on Sundays in the summer. She used to love flying a kite...along with a hundred of other kites. The view from there of NYC is second to none IMHO.

Have a great day EM. I will be taking my girls for a walk by Lake Ontario...hopefully get in a little sun tanning on the way.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 5:55 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Just finished splitting and stacking about 1/3 cord of wood, feeding and watering the chickens and staking the tomato plants. This afternoon (if the rain holds off) we are going to a BBQ at a friends place. They have a pond so we'll be swimming and fishing. Probably not at the same time though!
You water chickens? I thought you'd put more water in their water troughs. There must be some different breeds of chicken in Missouri.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

I've just got back from my son's soccer tournament at Fort Dix. Daughter is at the shore with her friend's family, son is tired from the soccer so me and hubby are going to laze around the pool with no kids mithering us. Making the most of the weather before the humidity arrives.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Started to mow the lawn ..... broke mower Thank You Jesus
tested the pool fo Ph etc ..... just right to get in
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

We did the outdoor thing in New Jersey yesterday. My sister hosted her daughter's bridal shower at her home on Mommouth Country. It was a gorgeous day like today.

So today, I am cleaning and resting up from all the cooking I've done for the last two days for the shower.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 7:55 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Started to mow the lawn ..... broke mower Thank You Jesus
tested the pool fo Ph etc ..... just right to get in
You deserve the rest, Patrick.

Well haven't done a whole lot today... waiting for the water to be turned back on as hubby is changing the taps in both bathrooms right now. Daughter is avidly watching him, trying to keep her mind off not being able to see her best friend today as said friend picked up a nasty cold yesterday when the two respective mums took them to Chuck E Cheese for 3 1/2 hours. I think I still have a sound hangover from that...

Went shopping with daughter at Target. It's our weekend ritual. We go to the instore Starbucks and I get an earl grey, she gets a vanilla milk, and we split a marble pound cake. The staff there all know her and coo over her.

Hopefully this evening MIL will want to have daughter over, give me a break as daughter didn't go to pre-school on Wednesday (she only goes 2 days a week now since I got made redundant) and I sure could use the break! I don't know how SAHMs do it, but I take my hat off to them.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 10:42 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

The same as always...painting...this time the half bath...then the garden...next time I want nothing more than a window box....taking care of my grandson...wondering if he now start wetting the wall paper and pulling it off Cus he saw nanny do it...

Thanking about buying a gun to shot next doors dog...or maybe just call animal control...

Seeing if we have anymore wildlife living in on or around our house...found a wood pigeon living in the gutter yesterday...it has a baby...how cute...now we have a young shunk...a chipmonk...a small rabbit... a coyote...tons of tree rats... a Queen bumble bee...and pigeons...
Old Jun 24th 2007, 11:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

We went for a 2 hour motorcycle ride. I wish it could have been longer but had a lot of house and yard chores needing to be done.

There is nothing as exhilarating and and relaxing as riding on some of the Texas back roads that go on and on and on with no other traffic which is always the way early on a Sunday morning. Shame it is Monday tomorrow.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

Cleaned the cars, phone my dad and went to Frys (my 3 year old asked me - honestly!). BTW I noticed you said you were going to the state park with wine, do they enforce alcoholic laws in NY, in TX they can be very strict in state parks with alcohol (don't ask me how I know)....

- Tim
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:46 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Finally got into the Texan way of life. Bought a smoker.

Today it's brisket. Almost ready.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:05 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
You water chickens? I thought you'd put more water in their water troughs. There must be some different breeds of chicken in Missouri.
I'm trying to make them grow a little bigger!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:09 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from backpacking Wheeler Peak (NM's highest point).
Attached Thumbnails It's a Summer Sunday - What Are You Doing Today?-from_horseshoe_small.jpg   It's a Summer Sunday - What Are You Doing Today?-bighorn_1.jpg   It's a Summer Sunday - What Are You Doing Today?-bighorn_2.jpg  
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:58 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

We walked the dog, very early, and watched two baby racoons.
Then went to a classic car rally and craft show. The cars were fantastic but the crafts were the triumph of hope over experience.
Then to the saddlery, youngest daughter spent pocket money on horse stuff.

Came home, spoke to two eldest in UK.
It began to rain so we drank beer and watched Hollywoodland.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.