Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

It's the little things...........

It's the little things...........

Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:24 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's the little things...........

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yep totally agree with you, we are most definitely not in a tourist area and it's nice to hear the occasional english accent and on hearing the others accent we will usually pass the time of day and i return back to the house a happy bunny...lol
I agree, but to be fair I do think that if I lived in a big tourist area, and having been here for some time I, like Ray, would not want to be arsed with them. Makes me glad I don't though.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yep totally agree with you, we are most definitely not in a tourist area and it's nice to hear the occasional english accent and on hearing the others accent we will usually pass the time of day and i return back to the house a happy bunny...lol

I absolutely hate the English. They drive me up the fu(kin wall with the constant whining and complaining. "The beers too cold and fizzy, its too hot, you can't get good tea here"

Oh, FFS people just go HOME.

So there.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:30 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Maybe ... but I really hate it when I sit in a restaurant and some
oink in his football shirt, looking like a red loster...hears my accent and decided I must be his friend ..They get the picture ..eventually ...
Heh heh I'll send you money to see a picture of the look on your face when that happens. OK maybe just some karma, but I'd send you something.

Silly Sod (love that screen name!), so glad you got to meet a fellow expat, and a nice one at that. I've been in the Chicago 'burbs for over 11 years now, and have met a total of 7 expats. Pretty ****ing sad, eh? It has to be said, I've not gone out of my way to find them, but perhaps I should?... hmmm...
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:40 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Heh heh I'll send you money to see a picture of the look on your face when that happens. OK maybe just some karma, but I'd send you something.

Silly Sod (love that screen name!), so glad you got to meet a fellow expat, and a nice one at that. I've been in the Chicago 'burbs for over 11 years now, and have met a total of 7 expats. Pretty ****ing sad, eh? It has to be said, I've not gone out of my way to find them, but perhaps I should?... hmmm...
I dunno about hunting them down Maz. It was just a really nice suprise when the guy at the door said - ow doo mate - as he wlaked in. I was like - oh my god and then he was the same. Thanks foor the compliment by the way, I owe it all to me mam who always said I was one
Old Dec 14th 2006, 1:14 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

I know the feeling..... I just moved jobs and had been here less than a week before bumping into another Ex-Pat in my office building who suddenly invites me to join the cricket club ! .......

It's the little things in life...
Old Dec 14th 2006, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
I know the feeling..... I just moved jobs and had been here less than a week before bumping into another Ex-Pat in my office building who suddenly invites me to join the cricket club ! .......

It's the little things in life...
does anyone from BE ever get together for a drink on occasions?
Old Dec 14th 2006, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by basementwaj
I will be meeting one of them next week but sadly my two main very good friends I've found on here, they are to far away we would have more chance of meeting up one day back home.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 2:12 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by britvic
I will be meeting one of them next week but sadly my two main very good friends I've found on here, they are to far away we would have more chance of meeting up one day back home.

Oh, fine.

Relegated to third division......

(I know....)
Old Dec 14th 2006, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
makes sense... well, i will be sitting in Boscos in Nashville for all of march, april and may... i will be wearing a red carnation and reading shakespear if anyone wants to get wan@ered!
Old Dec 14th 2006, 2:16 pm

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

makes sense... well, i will be sitting in Boscos in Nashville for all of march, april and may... i will be wearing a red carnation and reading shakespear if anyone wants to get wan@ered!
Which Bosco's ?.........
Old Dec 14th 2006, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

I've been here 17 months now, and only met one other Brit, and that was by chance in the local supermarket. She had been a war bride so had lived here a long time. We chatted for a bit and she said she'd been lucky and had managed to go back to the UK 5 times since she'd been here, which I didn't think was many times in such a long time period. She told me she still thinks of England as home and we both got all tearful So not a great experience really
Old Dec 14th 2006, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
Which Bosco's ?.........
theres one about a 5 min walk away from the ice hocky station.. not sure where it is exactly, i was last there a year ago..
Old Dec 14th 2006, 6:39 pm

theres one about a 5 min walk away from the ice hocky station.. not sure where it is exactly, i was last there a year ago..
You jinxed me ! I've just had acall and been invited to Bosco's - now I'm freaked because "BE is watching you" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Jenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of light

I met my husband when he gatecrashed a party I was at, I was busy telling all my foreign friends how I had once had that common northern accent his mates all had when somehow numbers got exchanged, now we've been married four and a half years. I'm from Huddersfield and he's from Barnsley and we met in Amsterdam.
My advice - think twice before speaking to fellow Brits!
Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:24 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Every night, just not in the same place

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.