Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

It's all happening!!! And Moraga?

It's all happening!!! And Moraga?

Old Apr 20th 2011, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

TheWoodsies is just really niceTheWoodsies is just really niceTheWoodsies is just really niceTheWoodsies is just really niceTheWoodsies is just really niceTheWoodsies is just really niceTheWoodsies is just really niceTheWoodsies is just really nice
Default Re: It's all happening!!! And Moraga?

Originally Posted by Awesome Welles
Oohh, bloody hell - if only you knew what you were letting yourself in for.
Mwuhahahahahahahahah !!!!

I'm having a positive day today so can laugh with you!!
Old Apr 20th 2011, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

TheWoodsies is just really niceTheWoodsies is just really niceTheWoodsies is just really niceTheWoodsies is just really niceTheWoodsies is just really niceTheWoodsies is just really niceTheWoodsies is just really niceTheWoodsies is just really nice
Default Re: It's all happening!!! And Moraga?

Originally Posted by Infowarrior
Well we're here sitting in a house full of boxes, and our container arrives tomorrow morning set to ship to CA. Very nervous about the move but everything is now set. Our kittens are boarding our plane on May 4th and we have my wife's family picking us up at the other end bringing cat food and other essential day one items.

It sounds like you are moving over without any ties to the USA so you might find things slightly more difficult. I can't imagine having to hire a car on the other side after THAT flight, after processing my brown envelope etc with my starving kittens in tow. At least your husband will be there ahead of time though to pick you up.

I'll just say that my mood goes from 'oh crap, what if i hate it there' to 'oh thank god i'm getting out of Blighty' on a regular basis, on the order of every couple of hours. You're in leafy Surrey though, where I've lived before (Surbiton).... I'm in the East Midlands now though. You probably don't have the same feelings about leaving the UK!

So far, things just have settled into place, just like other posters have said. Its nerve-wracking, but then isn't any other major upheaval in life? Just got to roll with it. I'm saying this at midnight and my container arrives at nine am. And I'm still consuming more wine, probably not for the best... will post more as things happen!
Only just seen this and I guess you'll be all packed up and en-route by now! Hope it all went well and that the kittens were Ok! Good luck with your new adventure, it won't be long before we are doing the same. Feel quite excited today!!

L x