Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Ionic Breeze etc...

Ionic Breeze etc...

Old Nov 4th 2005, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ionic Breeze etc...

the other problem is that each unit has the size range of the room its designed for. Most rooms over here are larger than one machine can cope with. So if you stick to one unit it cant do the job properly, but if you buy 2 its expensive.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
the other problem is that each unit has the size range of the room its designed for. Most rooms over here are larger than one machine can cope with. So if you stick to one unit it cant do the job properly, but if you buy 2 its expensive.
Another problem is that so many American houses seem to be open plan, with only the bedrooms and bathrooms being self contained. With many houses having the kitchen, dining room, lounge, staircases and walkways as one open plan arrangement I dread to think just how many machines you would need to cover the area effectively!
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:23 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
problem with that, if you have young kids, they end up getting worse off in the long run as they can't build up any immunity to dirt...
That''s OK, I make them sleep outside...

Seriously, the dust is still in the air (dust actually comes mostly from people) but it disappears down the ducts. I leave the "fan" element on the air con units all the time. Nice thing is, you only replace the filters once every one/two years....
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:25 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
I'd rather buy a ventolin inhaler and let the kids cough then pay $700.
Your $700 would be quickly spent on doctor's visits, ER trips, and missed work taking care of ill children.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Whats wrong with freash air, of course you cant have your windows open in extreme weathers, but every chance I do get my windows are open. Just look at your neighbours houses ever notice that very few will ever have there windows open
Old Nov 4th 2005, 8:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
That''s OK, I make them sleep outside...

Seriously, the dust is still in the air (dust actually comes mostly from people) but it disappears down the ducts. I leave the "fan" element on the air con units all the time. Nice thing is, you only replace the filters once every one/two years....

well it's most pet dander that's a problem if you have pets and kids not building up immunity to it
Old Nov 4th 2005, 8:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Whats wrong with freash air, of course you cant have your windows open in extreme weathers, but every chance I do get my windows are open. Just look at your neighbours houses ever notice that very few will ever have there windows open
we have our's open in the summer when it's not to hot/humid...not somin' that you can do in these winters though *l*

in-laws open windows too...but it's a mare because the log trucks that go past don't half kick up the dust
Old Nov 4th 2005, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

friend of mine has just got a humidifier for 35 bux - works really well as the air is very dry with the AC on and even worse when the heat comes on which cant be far away!
Old Nov 4th 2005, 10:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Big D
friend of mine has just got a humidifier for 35 bux - works really well as the air is very dry with the AC on and even worse when the heat comes on which cant be far away!
cheap trick is a saucer of water over the vents...
Old Nov 5th 2005, 2:14 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
depends where you live...I grew up with the windows flung open to let in fresh air...when I lived in Germany I always did it..hubby would freeze didn't take long living here in the South to realise...the day you can have the windows open is a rare one it just too humid..whether it's hot or cold it's almost a humid day ugh and the air is very rarely fresh