Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Invitation To Killer's Wife (PA School Shootings)

Wikiposts

Invitation To Killer's Wife (PA School Shootings)

Old Oct 4th 2006, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Invitation To Killer's Wife (PA School Shootings)

Originally Posted by Hiro11
I take your point but I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone living with this loser wouldn't have picked up that something was wrong. I don't buy the "he was leading a double life" excuse.

It's similar to the BTK killer in Kansas from few years back: it turns out there were all sorts of indications about Rader for years and no one did anything about it.
I'm sure the whole story will come out in time.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 5:52 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Totally disagree. The wife clearly ignored warning signs for years and did very little to stop the events from unfolding. Maybe she had no idea that he would take it this far, but clearly something was seriously amiss with this guy for years. I'd find it very hard to forgive her if these were my kids. I guess I'm just sick of the fact that every time a killer is revealed, people always act like they "had no idea".
That I agree with.
Find a scapegoat for every situation instead of laying the blame at the feet of the actual wacko.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 5:57 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Find a scapegoat for every situation instead of laying the blame at the feet of the actual wacko.
Huh?
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:04 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is sort of making me sick. It smacks of hypocrisy. Where are all of the atheists/agnostics (myself included) who bitch and moan constantly about how out of control religion is in this country?

I think that all human life is valuable. The fact that the victims are Amish doesn't make these deaths any more tragic than the ones in Colorado last week - or anywhere else for that matter.

I'm saddened by the deaths of these girls because they were small and helpless and probably died feeling terrified and alone - not because they're Amish.

Some posters are making them sound like perfect people that live in some sort of Utopian society. I for one would NOT want to be Amish.

FWIW ....

The Amish do not educate their children past the 8th grade - keeping them ignorant keeps them from wanting out of the community.

They are notoriously inbred with many genetic afflictions associated to their closed lifestyle.

They do not seek or provide health-care for pregnant women - despite the risks to the mother and children.

I could go on and on but I don't want to go crazy bashing any one belief system - but to be very honest - If it were a bunch of Muslims living this way (and in many ways Muslims are much more progressive than the Amish) we'd be calling for their heads.

In this day and age lives and choices being controlled by religion is wrong - full stop.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:08 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Totally disagree. The wife clearly ignored warning signs for years and did very little to stop the events from unfolding. Maybe she had no idea that he would take it this far, but clearly something was seriously amiss with this guy for years. I'd find it very hard to forgive her if these were my kids. I guess I'm just sick of the fact that every time a killer is revealed, people always act like they "had no idea".
That I agree with.
I know lots of weird people (many on this forum ). Should I call the police on them for what I think they might do? Shall we start a Thought Police division in every precinct in this country? Should we all be mental health professionals so that we could weed out or predict anti-social behavior?

The wife and children are victims of this murderer - albeit to a lesser degree than the dead and injured - but victims nonetheless - their lives are effectively ruined now.

Last edited by Leslie; Oct 4th 2006 at 6:44 am.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:11 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I take your point but I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone living with this loser wouldn't have picked up that something was wrong. I don't buy the "he was leading a double life" excuse.

It's similar to the BTK killer in Kansas from few years back: it turns out there were all sorts of indications about Rader for years and no one did anything about it.
Many people are depressed, seriously depressed, and if they were never a violent person before or don't voice their thoughts on wanting to sexually abuse children and/or kill them, then how in heaven are you suppose to stop them from doing something like this.

As for the man claiming to have sexually abused girls when he was 12 I'll give you odds that it was nothing more than adolescent physical curiosity which is completely normal. Perhaps his upbringing or religion made him believe that this was abnormal and wrong behavior. Heck, how many of you guys and gals played doctor when you were kids?
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:14 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
They do not seek or provide health-care for pregnant women - despite the risks to the mother and children.

I could go on and on but I don't want to go crazy bashing any one belief system - but to be very honest - If it were a bunch of Muslims living this way (and in many ways Muslims are much more progressive than the Amish) we'd be calling for their heads.

In this day and age lives and choices being controlled by religion is wrong - full stop.

I will admit that I have conflicting feelings about the Amish. On the one hand I admire their moral strength and their ability to focus on what - to them - is essential.

On the other hand I agree with you on many of the issues you raise, particularly the lack of emphasis on education. The lack of pregnancy care I did not know about, and this is certainly worrying. Also, do they not "shun" young people who choose to move away from the Amish lifestyle? I cannot see how this can be reconciled with a supposedly Christian lifestyle.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I know lots of weird people (many on this forum ). Should I call the police on them for what I think they might do? Shall we start a Thought Police division in every precinct in this country? Should we all be mental health professionals so the we weed and predict anti-social behavior?

The wife and children are victims of this murderer - albeit to a lesser degree than the dead and injured - but victims nonetheless - their lives are effectively ruined now.
Trust me.. if I thought you had a gun, I'd call the police!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:18 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Many people are depressed, seriously depressed, and if they were never a violent person before or don't voice their thoughts on wanting to sexually abuse children and/or kill them, then how in heaven are you suppose to stop them from doing something like this.

And if everyone who had some sort of niggly doubts about someone they knew were to report them to the authorities, they'd be completely swamped and unable to cope.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:19 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is sort of making me sick. It smacks of hypocrisy. Where are all of the atheists/agnostics (myself included) who bitch and moan constantly about how out of control religion is in this country?

I think that all human life is valuable. The fact that the victims are Amish doesn't make these deaths any more tragic than the ones in Colorado last week - or anywhere else for that matter.

I'm saddened by the deaths of these girls because they were small and helpless and probably died feeling terrified and alone - not because they're Amish.

Some posters are making them sound like perfect people that live in some sort of Utopian society. I for one would NOT want to be Amish.

FWIW ....

The Amish do not educate their children past the 8th grade - keeping them ignorant keeps them from wanting out of the community.

They are notoriously inbred with many genetic afflictions associated to their closed lifestyle.

Yep, this incident is getting far more coverage than the other 2 school shootings of these past weeks. The media has the bonus material of talking about their lifestyle ad nuseum.

Don't see the wife going to the funerals really. Would be too guilt ridden to face those families if it was me.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:21 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

I know lots of weird people (many on this forum ). Should I call the police on them for what I think they might do? Shall we start a Thought Police division in every precinct in this country? Should we all be mental health professionals so the we weed and predict anti-social behavior?
That's a false dichotomy. There's a big difference between someone who's a "little weird" (e.g. me) and someone who is capable of meticulously planning (for months, apparently) and carrying out a plan to rape, torture and execute 7 year old girls.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:56 am
WTF?

That's a false dichotomy. There's a big difference between someone who's a "little weird" (e.g. me) and someone who is capable of meticulously planning (for months, apparently) and carrying out a plan to rape, torture and execute 7 year old girls.
Let me rephrase that - I know some people who are barking IMO. However if they've never displayed violent behavior toward me I have absolutely no way to know what they might do. Apparently this guy hadn't broken the law and his wife thought he was a good husband. What do you suggest she could have or should have done?
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:57 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Elvira
And if everyone who had some sort of niggly doubts about someone they knew were to report them to the authorities, they'd be completely swamped and unable to cope.
Not to mention we could get into trouble ourselves for wasting their (the cops) time. They really do frown on that whole false alarm thingy.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Yep, this incident is getting far more coverage than the other 2 school shootings of these past weeks. The media has the bonus material of talking about their lifestyle ad nuseum.

Don't see the wife going to the funerals really. Would be too guilt ridden to face those families if it was me.
I don't see that as the case. One has to realize also that some of the injuried girls are still dying. The count has risen from the original 3 to 5 and 3 of 5 remaining injuried are still in critical condition.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:58 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Trust me.. if I thought you had a gun, I'd call the police!
I'm calling the police on you for threatening me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.