Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Intro and all that

Intro and all that

Old Feb 20th 2007, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Molly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud of
Default Intro and all that

Long time watcher, first time poster (?)

Nah, just introducing myself. I am Silly Sod's missus, and I have been reading along with him since he joined so I know a lot of people on here pretty well, and just decided to register and put my two cents in. I lived in the UK for about four months, which isn't very long, but I do know a bit about what it's like there (I positively love the place and wish we could go back, actually!!).

Currently unemployed but soon will have another job and I will probably not post often then, but for now I'll try and keep up. Umm, I'm a Michigan native though I have lived all over the US, I'm a mother of one, I still want to finish college and become a history teacher but that's on the back burner for a little longer yet. I love to talk politics and am a bleeding heart liberal on most issues.

I hate a full English breakfast and really don't like sausage, but I adore chips and curry sauce and beans on toast (lol) and I can make a really good chicken madras (the naan doesn't turn out too well, unfortunately). What I miss most about the UK are the comfy pubs, the temperate weather, the beautiful gardens, and all our family and friends there.

That was probably more than needed but a decent intro anyway.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 2:44 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Intro and all that

Well hello!!!

I was wondering what happened to you after your unfortunate experience at work. Glad to hear that you didn't go back to those tossers - and good luck with your future plans!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 3:36 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site.

Sue
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:20 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Molly! I always enjoy reading your hubby's posts.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE
Old Feb 20th 2007, 5:24 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Welcome Molly

Looking forward to reading your thoughts
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Molly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud of

Ooh, thanks everyone!

Elvira, yes, they were tossers! I have never been so unhappy at a job before in my life, and I have had all kinds of jobs. Thank you for the well wishes!

Maz, I will tell him you enjoy his posts, though that may only make his head bigger (he already thinks he knows everything! lol - don't tell).

Can't wait to get fired up and start posting!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:23 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers molly...welcome
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE Molly, Mrs Silly Sod
Old Feb 20th 2007, 9:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

In Dublin's fair city,
Where girls are so pretty,
I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone,
As she pushed her wheelbarrow
Through streets broad and narrow,
Crying, "Cockles and mussels, alive, alive oh"!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 9:17 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Malone
Long time watcher, first time poster (?)

Nah, just introducing myself. I am Silly Sod's missus, and I have been reading along with him since he joined so I know a lot of people on here pretty well, and just decided to register and put my two cents in. I lived in the UK for about four months, which isn't very long, but I do know a bit about what it's like there (I positively love the place and wish we could go back, actually!!).

Currently unemployed but soon will have another job and I will probably not post often then, but for now I'll try and keep up. Umm, I'm a Michigan native though I have lived all over the US, I'm a mother of one, I still want to finish college and become a history teacher but that's on the back burner for a little longer yet. I love to talk politics and am a bleeding heart liberal on most issues.

I hate a full English breakfast and really don't like sausage, but I adore chips and curry sauce and beans on toast (lol) and I can make a really good chicken madras (the naan doesn't turn out too well, unfortunately). What I miss most about the UK are the comfy pubs, the temperate weather, the beautiful gardens, and all our family and friends there.

That was probably more than needed but a decent intro anyway.
Hello and welcome to the site though you already know us
I am hurt and don't see how we can be friends with your attitude to the highlighted portion

I hope you enjoy here and have a few laughs with us all
Old Feb 20th 2007, 9:21 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Hello and welcome to the site though you already know us
I am hurt and don't see how we can be friends with your attitude to the highlighted portion

I hope you enjoy here and have a few laughs with us all
You being a sausage lover you mean .....
Old Feb 20th 2007, 9:26 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
You being a sausage lover you mean .....
If you mean that in a naughty way

but yes and I did take it she meant the full British breakfast not just the English?
Old Feb 20th 2007, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Molly welcome to the site and good luck on the job front!
Old Feb 21st 2007, 2:48 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Ray -
Yes, I had that song in my head when I picked the name, I'm not really called Molly of course.

IrnBru-
Sausage does not sit well with me at all -it's better for everyone if I don't partake. Though I'm sure we can still be friends.

Full English, full British, whatever it's called, it masquerades as breakfast yet contains weird items like beans and tomatoes.

And I do understand all the sarcasm in the posts, I'm just crap at using it myself so I reply like I don't get it - a yank thing? Not sure myself. Hubby says we just have no sense of humour - I think if I don't laugh the first time I certainly won't once it's been carefully explained. Oh, and I tend to rant on and on! Ha ha, don't mind me!

Crap dudes I just realised after posting I am logged in as Dh, sorry!

Last edited by Silly Sod; Feb 21st 2007 at 2:49 am. Reason: EEEK! Logged in as hubby!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.