Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

International Autosource experience

International Autosource experience

Old Mar 30th 2009, 7:22 pm
James Chesterton

megalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud of
Thumbs up International Autosource experience

I just moved to Orlando and would like to say how much International Autosource have helped me, they are amazing guys - They not only helped me arrange a lease on a brand new VW (just collected it from the dealer!) but also gave me an intro to HSBC who allowed me to open a US account AND gave me a credit card (so I am able to start building my credit score), but also even arranged auto insurance via AIG that is cheaper than I could have even got if I had a credit history. Through this I also joined AIG's program that gives me access to medical and tenant insurance. This was a great experience, International Autosource solved virtually all of the 'no credit history' problems that I was expecting to encounter, they are very helpful and I would recommend them very highly. Top class company.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

kateb77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Autosource experience

Originally Posted by megalaser View Post
I just moved to Orlando and would like to say how much International Autosource have helped me, they are amazing guys - They not only helped me arrange a lease on a brand new VW (just collected it from the dealer!) but also gave me an intro to HSBC who allowed me to open a US account AND gave me a credit card (so I am able to start building my credit score), but also even arranged auto insurance via AIG that is cheaper than I could have even got if I had a credit history. Through this I also joined AIG's program that gives me access to medical and tenant insurance. This was a great experience, International Autosource solved virtually all of the 'no credit history' problems that I was expecting to encounter, they are very helpful and I would recommend them very highly. Top class company.
Good pointer - thanks!
Looks good.. i've just requested a quote now
Old Mar 30th 2009, 11:20 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by fatbrit; Mar 30th 2009 at 11:23 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 11:23 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I'll second that. Got a Jeep from them in 2006 at an amazing price. In fact it ended up $1500 cheaper than they quoted as they gave me an extra factory discount which started after I had placed my order.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 3:59 pm
Banned

FLexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

I have heard that you can only buy new cars from Autosource and that you have to buy BEFORE you get to the US. Is this true?
Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:04 pm
James Chesterton

megalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud of

Yes but this is LEASE, not buying. They lease new cars and it needs to be done before you arrive in the US.

Originally Posted by FLexpat View Post
I have heard that you can only buy new cars from Autosource and that you have to buy BEFORE you get to the US. Is this true?
Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Your car insurance rate is not based on your credit rating but rather on your driving history.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:06 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

thats true rete- but the quote we got via autosource was FANTATSIC, We have 2 cars insured for under $600.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:07 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete View Post
Your car insurance rate is not based on your credit rating but rather on your driving history.
Insurance companies in some states use your credit history to calculate risk and set the premium. Don't ask me why as it makes no sense to me!
Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:17 pm
Banned

Yes but this is LEASE, not buying. They lease new cars and it needs to be done before you arrive in the US.
That sounds limiting. What if you want to lease a used car? What if you can't decide or have time to decide before you arrive? Are there any other options?
Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:24 pm
James Chesterton

Nobody is forcing you to use them, if you want to lease a used car after you arrive you will find this almost impossible because of having no credit history. A little forward planning will give you the best result and indecision at a critical time will mean you may end up with having your cash tied up in a used car which you would have no choice but to purchase after you arrive when you discover that you don't qualify for a lease because of having no credit history.

That sounds limiting. What if you want to lease a used car? What if you can't decide or have time to decide before you arrive? Are there any other options?
Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:25 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

They sell cars too I got mine from them and it isn't leased.

As for deciding. You can always choose between models that are available in the UK and go to a local showroom to see and test drive. Most Jap models in the US are in the UK as well as some other makes

Last edited by lansbury; Sep 14th 2009 at 4:31 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:28 pm

What if you want to lease a used car? What if you can't decide or have time to decide before you arrive?
Then IA are not an option.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit View Post
Insurance companies in some states use your credit history to calculate risk and set the premium. Don't ask me why as it makes no sense to me!
I thought it was all states bar California, who had the good sense to ban that practice.

I heard the insurance companies on NPR take the glass half full stance - "We're giving people with good credit a discount on insurance" rather than "We're giving people with crap credit ratings a massive hike in their premiums"!
Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:49 pm
Banned

Thanks for all the info.

I did a search for car leasing for expats and found another company called <removed>. Do you know anything about them?

Last edited by meauxna; Mar 13th 2010 at 6:39 pm. Reason: company name removed/spamming

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.