Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

International Autosource: Car Financing/Leasing

International Autosource: Car Financing/Leasing

Old Mar 5th 2013, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Walkerhome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Autosource: Car Financing/Leasing

We moved to Texas last August and after recieving a quotes etc from Autosource we decided to go a dealer ( Covert Ford ). All we needed was a copy of our visa information from my husbands company ( stating his salary whilst he was here ), duration of visa and proof of id plus lease agreeement ( signed ).

We went for a Ford Explorer - XLT. Plenty of room for family of 4 plus luggage. It costs $444 per month on a 36 month lease ( deposit of $6000 ) no penalties on early termination etc.

If i had known it was so easy i would not even have looked at Autosource in the first instance!

Good Luck

** Forgot to mention this is a 3.5L*** to fill with fuel costs around $50

Last edited by Walkerhome; Mar 5th 2013 at 5:39 pm. Reason: adding info
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by McZaki
Interesting to note your fairly competitive arrangements, difficult to swallow that the same vehicles in California are costing more than Michigan - personally I think it should not unless the vehicles are loaded with gadgets and that's what they currently have in the inventory. .....
Vehicles sold in California have different specs related to fuel consumption and emissions. I do not know that the vehicles are substantively different, but I know that some are documented as "not for sale in California", so it is not surprising that there is a price premium for vehicles sold in California.

To your point on Focus leases, the lease rates can change substantially if the model is going to be replaced or substantially updated during the lease period (affects the expected resale price of the vehicle at the end of the lease). This may explain much of why you've been quoted more. Also yours will be a California vehicle; see above.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

McZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond repute

Ok just an update.

I’ve received a final quote from Autosource for the Ford Explorer:
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Truck Explorer XLT FWD 4 Door K7D 3.5 Liter Ti-VCT V6 Engine
Lease Period= 24 months
Deposit = $3,500
Monthly payment = $476 + Tax (for CA, it’s 9%)

Payment at the time of placing the order = $1,000 (this should be paid prior to moving to the States)

Payments at the time of collecting the vehicle:
Deposit balance = $2500 + sales tax (sales tax may have to be paid for the initial $1k deposit as well)
Registration fee = $150-$200
First months payment and a security deposit (which is equal to a payment)

Additionally, the Finance company will request a few items before you take the possession of your vehicle:
1) Drivers License (stateside, overseas, or international)
2) Proof of Insurance (provided before delivery)
3) Social Security Number & Copy of Card
4) Proof of Residency (Mortgage Statement, Apartment Lease Agreement, or Letter from Company for Corporate Housing)
5) 3 Stateside References (names, addresses, and phone numbers of anyone in the U.S.)
6) Home Telephone number

Lastly, I have received a quote for the insurance as well from one of their partner companies - Travel Guard (AIG TIA); the quote for 6 months of auto insurance coverage for two of us is $1679.

21st Century Insurance or one of its member companies will provide the insurance upon providing such entity with an international driver's license number or home country license number (individual states may require a state driver’s license to register the vehicle). They do not require a state license or the social security number to provide the insurance.

The quote is based on the coverage below:

Bodily Injury Accident $100,000/300,000 ** Per Person/Per
Property Damage $100,000 Each Accident
Medical Coverage $5,000
Uninsured Motorist BI $100,000/300,000 Per person/Accident
Other than Collision $500 Deductible
Collision $500 Deductible w/ waiver
Towing & Labor $75.00 Per Disablement
Extended Transportation $50 Per Day / Maximum $1,500

Importantly, the above insurance quote is only available if you become a Target Guard member - this will cost you $440.

Hope this helps....any comments?

Last edited by McZaki; Mar 18th 2013 at 6:50 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 7:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

100/300 seems low....you put someone in hospital and that could be a couple of days stay.

Towing and labour is also a bit of a waste. Chances are, it'll either come free with the new car, or you can get it cheaper via a AAA membership.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
100/300 seems low....you put someone in hospital and that could be a couple of days stay.
It is the most common set of levels for California though.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Walkerhome is an unknown quantity at this point

You may want to check with Autosource the lead
Time on delivery of your vehicle before you pay
For anything . We moved in August last year and they
Just kept pushing the delivery back ( we had to pay for rental
Vehicle until we received the vehicle ) oringinally delivery
Was in Sept then October then after being told it was going to be November
We decided to go direct to Ford - wish we had done that in the first instance
As paperwork for the lease and delivery of vehicle 5 days!!
Old Mar 18th 2013, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

McZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Towing and labour is also a bit of a waste. Chances are, it'll either come free with the new car, or you can get it cheaper via a AAA membership.
Originally Posted by GeoffM
It is the most common set of levels for California though.
Many thanks Bob & GeoffM.

Very useful link that GeoffM, thanks. I'll get a quote from allstate as well for comparison purposes.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Walkerhome
You may want to check with Autosource the lead
Time on delivery of your vehicle before you pay
For anything . We moved in August last year and they
Just kept pushing the delivery back ( we had to pay for rental
Vehicle until we received the vehicle ) oringinally delivery
Was in Sept then October then after being told it was going to be November
We decided to go direct to Ford - wish we had done that in the first instance
As paperwork for the lease and delivery of vehicle 5 days!!
Thanks for the heads up Walkerhome, much appreciated.

The sales guy says that the lead time is between 4 to 6 weeks. They apparently have one available in the 'inventory'. I'm renting for the first month and certainly don't fancy paying 1k + for the rental beyond the first 30 days. I’ll contact a few Ford dealers in SF bay area to find out their terms and pricing before finalizing what to do – I’ve have 2 days left though....
Old May 7th 2013, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

CainsWren is an unknown quantity at this point

I just moved into Florida and have been in touch with Intl AutoSource for a car loan. They put me in touch with Enterprise (who are the ones who source the car). They've given me an 'Open-ended Equity Lease' and assured me its a essentially a finance program where I own the car after the loan period. Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks
Cain

Last edited by CainsWren; May 7th 2013 at 2:06 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 7:06 am
Just Joined

johnwilliam is an unknown quantity at this point

ow a days Car Financing is very good business. Car is the most important need of everyone now a days.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 12:37 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnwilliam
ow a days Car Financing is very good business. Car is the most important need of everyone now a days.