Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

International AutoSource

International AutoSource

Old Aug 11th 2010, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

lazza is just really nicelazza is just really nicelazza is just really nicelazza is just really nicelazza is just really nicelazza is just really nicelazza is just really nicelazza is just really nice
Default International AutoSource

Hi

Please don't pounce! I've tried using the Search but nothing I try brings back results!

Does anyone have personal experience of using International AutoSource? I am in contact with them, but am a way off signing anything. They seem to be a good resource for financing a car, but I'm wondering if they are OK or dodgy?

I'm moving to CT in 3.5 weeks, and am not getting any help with getting a car from my employer, and I don't have enough savings to buy outright.

Thanks!
Old Aug 11th 2010, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

meshwill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International AutoSource

Hi, me again!! saw you earlier on the visa forum!.
Hubby has dealt with guy called Jerry at International autosource and so has one of his workmates, both v impressed with service given and the savings received.
Only downside in my mind is lack of choice over vehicles, unless you are prepared to order and wait a while. We've ended up with a ford fusion as the lead time is only 60 days, they have some models in stock but they are base focus' etc. Some makes were a 3-4 month wait.
We went to a Ford dealer in Stamford and worked out we've saved about $3-4k by using IA.
The insurance company they recommended was good too, much cheaper than anyone else.
Hope this helps, feel free to p/m me if I can help further.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

MadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond repute

We thought about it, but didn't use them in the end. Found them to be incredibly pushy, and the range of cars on offer wasn't that wide.

Just as well in hindsight, as the car we eventually bought was a darn sight cheaper from a dealer. If you're buying a used car, there's definitely bargains to be had over here.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

We used them, they are on the level. Saves the hassle when you get here.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 3:49 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I purchased a new Jeep Grand Cherokee from them in 2006. Great experience, huge saving (20%) off the sticker price and the main Jeep dealer that services it for me said it was below what they would have paid Jeep for the vehicle themselves.

It was waiting for collection as ordered at a local dealer on time, and after I ordered it Jeep increased the cash back scheme and the price was adjusted to allow for that saving.

Last edited by lansbury; Aug 11th 2010 at 3:52 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

lazza is just really nicelazza is just really nicelazza is just really nicelazza is just really nicelazza is just really nicelazza is just really nicelazza is just really nicelazza is just really nice

Wow - thank you for all the quick responses! Very helpful
Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE Lazza

You will find lots of helpful people here, hope your move goes smoothly. Good luck
Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Welcome to BE Lazza

You will find lots of helpful people here, hope your move goes smoothly. Good luck
Oh just realized it's a new member, I was a little confused as there's somebody with a similar name who's just moved. Welcome Lazza!
Old Aug 11th 2010, 7:37 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

we found them great. they also put us in contact with aig for our car insurance - we had to pay a membership fee of $400 but easily saved well over that amount the first quote and it has been just as good 2-5 years down the road.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 9:32 am
Just Joined

veera is an unknown quantity at this point

Meshwill, I am moving to the US soon and I am put in contact with Jerry from Autosource. He gave me a quote for Ford Fusion S 2011 as well. Could you please tell me did you ever bargain with him on the quoted invoice price? Also I found the admin and prep charge expeinsive ($325 + $349). He has come with an 8% APR as I dont hve US credit history, however willing to provide me a 2K rebate. Could you please share your experience with me? Will be useful to decide. Thanks. Veera.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

katybluewater is an unknown quantity at this point

We used them too, and havent had a problem. Without credit history here it would have been impossible to buy a new car. The alternative is to pay cash for a car if you have it.
We think that we have paid more for the car than if we had been able to go to a dealer direct, as they were not flexible with their costs. As others have said, the choice of cars is limited.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 3:18 pm
IPM
Forum Regular

IPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to all

I looked into using them since the concept is good in principle. However, when we got into makes and models the selection was rather poor, so I just decided to pay cash for a car when I arrived.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 7:23 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by veera
Also I found the admin and prep charge expeinsive ($325 + $349).
The car is delivered to a dealer local to where you will be living. The prep charge goes to them to have the vehicle put into showroom condition, after they get it from the factory. Normally the prep charge is part of the total cost you would pay the dealer for the car. As the delivering dealer gets nothing from the sale, the prep charge in this case is an extra. The price you quote is inline with what gets added into a new car price for a prep charge.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

thebruge is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lansbury
The car is delivered to a dealer local to where you will be living. The prep charge goes to them to have the vehicle put into showroom condition, after they get it from the factory. Normally the prep charge is part of the total cost you would pay the dealer for the car. As the delivering dealer gets nothing from the sale, the prep charge in this case is an extra. The price you quote is inline with what gets added into a new car price for a prep charge.
We recently moved the US and used them to get a lease on a Ford Edge, great motor, and got a good price. We'd never have been able to do anything here without credit. Very happy with the service. The car was ready 1 month before the quoted delivery date.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Hi & welcome

We used these guys too - via AIG's America Inbound programme - $400 one-off membership fee - well worth it.

We got a leased VW Tiguan through them - given we had no US credit history and limited cash funds at the start, and wanted a new car so we didn't have to worry about warranty & servicing etc, we went with them.

Choice of cars was good enough for our requirements, and happy with the service - minor delay with the local dealer. Got good insurance cover & price too, similar rates for long-time US resident, saved more than the $400 membership fee.

If you have the cash and know about buying cars, used or new, in the US - all that fun about getting plates & titling etc, then it is cheaper to go that route - we knew little, didn't want the hassle or the worry of buying used.

What we did do was go for 15K miles a year instead of the normal 10K or 12K - the US is a big place and people tend to drive more miles than in the UK...

If you go the lease route make sure you get the extra insurance to cover the gap between the list price of the car when new and the estimated value of the car at the end of the lease period - if you're car gets totalled 1 minute after you take delivery you could easily be out of pocket to 4 figures without the insurance - this cover cost hardly any extra...

Good luck!

Cheers

HTS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.