Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Intelligent Design Theory

Wikiposts

Intelligent Design Theory

Old Dec 12th 2005, 4:02 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Intelligent Design Theory

If God was so ****** clever that he created the world in seven days and all that crap why didnt he make scientist dumb enough not to invent Darwinism? He is infinite and opnipitent for Gods sake , you thought he would have seen that coming
Old Dec 12th 2005, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

camelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Boiler
Exactly.

Religous, for want of a better word, issues, taught certainly in the UK in RE.

But they weren't religious questions that I was asking rincewind, they were human questions.......

Last edited by camelot; Dec 12th 2005 at 4:11 pm. Reason: wording
Old Dec 12th 2005, 4:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by camelot
But they weren't religious questions that I was asking rincewind, they were human questions.
Did you mean humanist? I am losing your point, the issues you mentioned fall within what I would call RE, and I would include humanism with RE. And Atheism and Agnosticism. And the latter two are also not science.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

camelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Patrick
When the Bible was written over a two thousand years ago people thought the sun revolved around the earth. That gives you confidence in that theory doesnt it!
Lack of confidence in what theory? it was the "people" who thought that the sun revolved around the earth, the Bible doesn't say that. Maybe in a hundred years from now "people" will be saying the same thing about evolution......
Old Dec 12th 2005, 4:21 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

it was the "people" who thought that the sun revolved around the earth, ....
And who wrote the bible, elfs, man wrote the bible as marketing material for God, like all marketing material it is not completly Kosha. It was also written for its time, it would be completly different if the Bible was written today, it would be written for "people" who have a better understanding of the world we live in.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Did you mean humanist? I am losing your point, the issues you mentioned fall within what I would call RE, and I would include humanism with RE. And Atheism and Agnosticism. And the latter two are also not science.

Hi Boiler,

No I don't mean humanist, I don't mean any label, just simply human.
Why should those questions be immediately relegated as religious?
Old Dec 12th 2005, 4:24 pm
Account Closed

Lack of confidence in what theory? it was the "people" who thought that the sun revolved around the earth, the Bible doesn't say that. Maybe in a hundred years from now "people" will be saying the same thing about evolution......
Some people do now, nothing wrong with that, everybody is entitled to their own BELIEFS.

Mine is that Coventry City will get promoted, I wonder how that belief will be looked on in 100 years...
Old Dec 12th 2005, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

And who wrote the bible, elfs, man wrote the bible as marketing material for God, like all marketing material it is not completly Kosha. It was also written for its time, it would be completly different if the Bible was written today, it would be written for "people" who have a better understanding of the world we live in.
Why does God need marketing material?
Old Dec 12th 2005, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Some people do now, nothing wrong with that, everybody is entitled to their own BELIEFS.

Mine is that Coventry City will get promoted, I wonder how that belief will be looked on in 100 years...
Good one! ha ha ha
Pagan Sex God

Why does God need marketing material?
You have single handedly disproved Darwins theory of survival of the fitest therefor negating all of Darwins theories which means, by default, creationism wins.
Account Closed

Hi Boiler,

No I don't mean humanist, I don't mean any label, just simply human.
Why should those questions be immediately relegated as religious?
They have nothing to do with being human. Many people do not have any interest or views on such issues, still human.

It's been a long time, but I recollect all those issues being dealt with in RE class.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

You have single handedly disproved Darwins theory of survival of the fitest therefor negating all of Darwins theories which means, by default, creationism wins.
Eh??

Last edited by camelot; Dec 12th 2005 at 4:28 pm. Reason: pic
Old Dec 12th 2005, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

They have nothing to do with being human. Many people do not have any interest or views on such issues, still human.

It's been a long time, but I recollect all those issues being dealt with in RE class.
Of course they have everything to do with being human, do you think a non-Christian scientist doesn't have those same questions? How would religion answer it for him/her if they don't believe in religion?

Yes, we compartmentalise the issues, but sometimes convenient labels and compartments can't answer those most searching human questions for some people, then what? The questions are still there....

Last edited by camelot; Dec 12th 2005 at 4:40 pm. Reason: edit
Old Dec 12th 2005, 4:42 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Do people honestly still believe this creation crap?
Old Dec 12th 2005, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

Of course they have everything to do with being human, do you think a non-Christian scientist doesn't have those same questions? How would religion answer it for him/her if they don't believe in religion?

Yes, we compartmentalise the issues, but sometimes convenient labels and compartments can't answer those most searching human questions for some people, then what? The questions are still there....
I do not bother with those issues, and I am, I think therfore I am, human.

You probably do not give a toss about CCFC, but I would never say that made you not human. And there are some very searching questions there.

Some humans are interested in religous beliefs, some are not, each to their own. Just do not assume everybody has your interests/beliefs and if they do they elevate them to the same importance.

I personally object to others fostering there religous beliefs on me and society as a whole as somehow scientific. Best reserved for church. Or chapel etc etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.