Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Inside Man, the movie

Inside Man, the movie

Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Inside Man, the movie

Saw it, was not impressed. Usually like Denzel W & Jody F.
For me overrated, possibly racist, possibly stereotyping? Plus , never seen a NYC cop wearing a white suit & straw hat. Kept thinking, movie should have been set in New Orleans or Alabama.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:53 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inside Man, the movie

Originally Posted by frrussre
Saw it, was not impressed. Usually like Denzel W & Jody F.
For me overrated, possibly racist, possibly stereotyping? Plus , never seen a NYC cop wearing a white suit & straw hat. Kept thinking, movie should have been set in New Orleans or Alabama.
Reg. Frank R.
I have to disagree with you there - it was quality.

I think that all of Spike Lee's films contain multiple racial observations, but I don't regard any of these as racist.....in fact can you be racist when you are having a pop at everyone ???

I suppose it depends on your definition of the word.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I have to disagree with you there - it was quality.

I think that all of Spike Lee's films contain multiple racial observations, but I don't regard any of these as racist.....in fact can you be racist when you are having a pop at everyone ???

I suppose it depends on your definition of the word.
I was thinking racist against Whites, Jews & Asians. I usually like to avoid, all of. Maybe me.
Frank R.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 10:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Frank, I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Could have done without the Jodie Foster character though and I agree about the suit and hat. Pity Clive Owen was covered up most of the time.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Sorry Frank, I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Could have done without the Jodie Foster character though and I agree about the suit and hat. Pity Clive Owen was covered up most of the time.
Yep, agree about Jodie Foster. Kind of a Cameo for her, she was very weak. But great legs.
Reg.