Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

INS Fee checks

INS Fee checks

Old Apr 25th 2002, 7:10 pm
Tjw & Acw

Default INS Fee checks

Hey all,

Just wonderng: How long does it normally take for INS to cash a check? It's been a
couple weeks now...going on three and we've still not seen the checks clear the bank.
I called the NSC and they said that the checks should clear in no time. I'm jsut
beginning to wonder though, you know. I know they got the checks (I'm showing where
they signed for them through the post office) so question now is: what is taking so
long? Or is this just typical of the INS to drag their feet like this?

On a sort of related note: I never got the green return receipt signature card back
from the Memphis office, where I mailed our 485 packet. Even the post-office said
that they show where the package was signed for, but they can't explain why the card
isn't back to us yet...strange...maybe that's just the Memphis office or how the INS
works period <shrugs> You've got one on me.

Thanks for the help.

TJW & ACW Married: 1/12/02 Filed AOS: 4/8/02 (Memphis Office) ICQ#: 97285322
Homepage: http://www.woodsfamily.cjb.net

"Heroes and legacies are for public relations. A real hero, a real legacy, is never
truly known. They touch lives without effort-- without even knowing it most times. --
From the 'Adventures of Brant Edel'

Old Apr 25th 2002, 10:40 pm
Wim Colgate

Default Re: INS Fee checks

5 days after they signed for my "package" (I-129F), my check cleared. I went
through Nebraska.

Wim

"TJW & ACW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    >
    > Hey all,
    >
    > Just wonderng: How long does it normally take for INS to cash a check? It's been a
    > couple weeks now...going on three and we've still not seen the checks clear the
    > bank. I called the NSC and they said that the checks
should
    > clear in no time. I'm jsut beginning to wonder though, you know. I know they got
    > the checks (I'm showing where they signed for them through the
    > office) so question now is: what is taking so long? Or is this just
typical
    > of the INS to drag their feet like this?
    >
    > On a sort of related note: I never got the green return receipt signature card back
    > from the Memphis office, where I mailed our 485 packet. Even
the
    > post-office said that they show where the package was signed for, but they can't
    > explain why the card isn't back to us yet...strange...maybe that's just the Memphis
    > office or how the INS works period <shrugs> You've got
one
    > on me.
    >
    > Thanks for the help.
    >
    >
    > ****************************************
    > TJW & ACW Married: 1/12/02 Filed AOS: 4/8/02 (Memphis Office) ICQ#: 97285322
    > Homepage: http://www.woodsfamily.cjb.net

> "Heroes and legacies are for public relations. A real hero, a real legacy, is never
    > truly known. They touch lives without effort-- without even
knowing
    > it most times. -- From the 'Adventures of Brant Edel'

Mrpher

"TJW & ACW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hey all,
    >
    > Just wonderng: How long does it normally take for INS to cash a check? It's been a
    > couple weeks now...going on three and we've still not seen the checks clear the
    > bank. I called the NSC and they said that the checks should clear in no time. I'm
    > jsut beginning to wonder though, you know. I know they got the checks (I'm showing
    > where they signed for them through the post office) so question now is: what is
    > taking so long? Or is this just typical of the INS to drag their feet like this?
    >
    > On a sort of related note: I never got the green return receipt signature card back
    > from the Memphis office, where I mailed our 485 packet. Even the post-office said
    > that they show where the package was signed for, but they can't explain why the
    > card isn't back to us yet...strange...maybe that's just the Memphis office or how
    > the INS works period <shrugs> You've got one on me.
    >
    > Thanks for the help.
    >
    >
    > TJW & ACW Married: 1/12/02 Filed AOS: 4/8/02 (Memphis Office) ICQ#: 97285322
    > Homepage: http://www.woodsfamily.cjb.net

> "Heroes and legacies are for public relations. A real hero, a real legacy, is never
    > truly known. They touch lives without effort-- without even knowing it most times.
    > -- From the 'Adventures of Brant Edel'

My check cleared in about 24 days, that was at the CSC. I also sent a return reciept.
I got it back, go figure, the same day I recieved the second NOA approval notice, and
that was 40 days after they recieved the petition...lol.

Georgesgirl35

We also filed in memphis.It took them 6 weeks to cash the checks and a week later we
recieved the receipts so dont panic just yet.