Reload this Page >

IMPORTANT : Visa Problem

IMPORTANT : Visa Problem

Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:24 am
Just Joined

rajjs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IMPORTANT : Visa Problem

Hi,

Iam a member of ISKCON Temple center at Juhu and am providing my services, [both technical and devotional], to it since 1998 without any monetory benifits. Also, as a secondary occupation Iam working as a Software Programmer in a Pvt. Ltd. company with the permission of my Spiritual Master (Guruji) in order to gain knowledge and experience in the field of computers so that I can use that knowledge and experience gained, for providing my technical services to ISKCON in a more professional way.
ISKCON Temple center at Baltimore requires my services and has sponsored me and my local temple center has told me to go and help the temple center at Baltimore.I had my interview on 19th/July/2004.But I was refused visa on grounds that I being a software programmer how can I go on R1 visa.I fail to understand why was I refused on this basis because I being a member of ISKCON am going to U.S. to render my services to the ISKCON center at Baltimore without any monetory benefits and that's the reason I applied under R1 visa.

I will be very grateful to anyone who could kindly guide me if I do not fall under R1 visa category then under which visa category do I fall?

P.S. In ISKCON Society, Members can work for ISKCON Projects and also work at a full range of jobs and businesses much like the general population.

Awaiting you reply.

Thanking You.GOD Bless You.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:23 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice
Default Re: IMPORTANT : Visa Problem

Originally posted by rajjs
Hi,

Iam a member of ISKCON Temple center at Juhu and am providing my services, [both technical and devotional], to it since 1998 without any monetory benifits. Also, as a secondary occupation Iam working as a Software Programmer in a Pvt. Ltd. company with the permission of my Spiritual Master (Guruji) in order to gain knowledge and experience in the field of computers so that I can use that knowledge and experience gained, for providing my technical services to ISKCON in a more professional way.
ISKCON Temple center at Baltimore requires my services and has sponsored me and my local temple center has told me to go and help the temple center at Baltimore.I had my interview on 19th/July/2004.But I was refused visa on grounds that I being a software programmer how can I go on R1 visa.I fail to understand why was I refused on this basis because I being a member of ISKCON am going to U.S. to render my services to the ISKCON center at Baltimore without any monetory benefits and that's the reason I applied under R1 visa.

I will be very grateful to anyone who could kindly guide me if I do not fall under R1 visa category then under which visa category do I fall?

P.S. In ISKCON Society, Members can work for ISKCON Projects and also work at a full range of jobs and businesses much like the general population.

Awaiting you reply.

Thanking You.GOD Bless You.

OK, I'm no lawyer, but I do know that the US has tightened the applications proceedure and minimum requirements for an R1 visa, this was being abused a few years ago by people that were claiming to be missionaries, coming to the US and then taking jobs on the side or applying for green cards, with no intnetion to act as a missionary.

You should check on the uscis.gov website to see if what I am saying is still correct, but basically, you now must be an ordained minister in order to be granted an R visa successfully, it sounds like you have had very poor advice from someone in applying for your R visa. You should have either gone for a J, L or H visa (I can't be sure without knowing more about your job experience and situation, age and the international status of the company / temple you were intentding to go to)

Where do you go from here? well, there is three things you must do

1) Drop your current lawyer like a very hot potato, they have done you no end of harm in applying for that R visa. You may find now that all other applications are rejected based on that rejection.

2) Get a good immigration lawyer with experience in visa denials and reapplication under another type.

3) Be patient, you will be at the back of the line again and no calling or writing to the embassy will change that.

Good Luck

Chris
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:28 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

P.S. In USCIS Society you cannot =they win..
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:32 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
P.S. In USCIS Society you cannot =they win..
Ray, you are such a hard ass. It is after all ok with his spiritual advisor. That should be enough for USCIS.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

So what's the option for me now? Under which visa category should I reapply? Please help me out.

Thanks. GOD Bless You.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:45 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

So what's the option for me now? Under which visa category should I reapply? Please help me out.

Thanks. GOD Bless You.

sorry, it must be me, I thought I made myself very clear...

Step 1) GET A LAWYER

there is no other steps.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:45 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

They could apply for a H1B visa on your behalf to be a software engineer for them.

However there are lots of US Citizen Software Engineers who will probably apply for the job and they get first bagsy at the job.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
OK, I'm no lawyer, but I do know that the US has tightened the applications proceedure and minimum requirements for an R1 visa, this was being abused a few years ago by people that were claiming to be missionaries, coming to the US and then taking jobs on the side or applying for green cards, with no intnetion to act as a missionary.

You should check on the uscis.gov website to see if what I am saying is still correct, but basically, you now must be an ordained minister in order to be granted an R visa successfully, it sounds like you have had very poor advice from someone in applying for your R visa. You should have either gone for a J, L or H visa (I can't be sure without knowing more about your job experience and situation, age and the international status of the company / temple you were intentding to go to)

Where do you go from here? well, there is three things you must do

1) Drop your current lawyer like a very hot potato, they have done you no end of harm in applying for that R visa. You may find now that all other applications are rejected based on that rejection.

2) Get a good immigration lawyer with experience in visa denials and reapplication under another type.

3) Be patient, you will be at the back of the line again and no calling or writing to the embassy will change that.

Good Luck

Chris
So what's the option for me now? Under which visa category should I reapply to make it successfull? Please help me out.

Thanks. GOD Bless You.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
sorry, it must be me, I thought I made myself very clear...

Step 1) GET A LAWYER

there is no other steps.

In India, we don't have immigration lawyers.There is no such thing in India.Do you have any other options?

Thanks.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:01 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

this is hilarious

i suggest you run a google search for 'us immigration lawyer'

you can engage one in the usa from india

expect to pay several thousand dollars
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:03 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

In India, we don't have immigration lawyers.There is no such thing in India.Do you have any other options?
Thanks.
You don't need a immigration laywer in India ..You can use an American based one ..have you got a credit Card??
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:26 pm
dealing with it

Originally posted by ray6
You don't need a immigration laywer in India ..You can use an American based one ..have you got a credit Card??

No immigration lawyers in India?

try www.legalserviceindia.com

it only took me 30 seconds on Google to find it...that was a waste of 30 seconds...I thought you were an IT person.

Old Jul 20th 2004, 5:13 pm
GJB
dart throwin' doofus

GJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to behold

Just pray and pray and pray. If it is in God's divine plan that you are meant to be in the USA then a green card will land on your doormat no questions asked.

If it isn't in God's divine plan then I guess you are shit out of luck...