Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

the importance of insurance

the importance of insurance

Old Oct 1st 2003, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

dave f is an unknown quantity at this point
Default the importance of insurance

if anyone about to arrive in the US thinks they can save a dollar or two by delaying getting health insurance, think again, i have never before been in hospital or had more than a day or two off work through illness in my life , i have been here for four months now and recently injured my knee causing a vary bad infection i spent 5 days in hospital which cost over $15000 and when i got out i had to get more medication which cost $390.00, if i had not got insurance the bills would have wiped us out, so if you spend a little money now you will save a lot later on, dave f.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

smiler125 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the importance of insurance

Hi dave

Who are you insured with? I am looking for insurance for when I first arrive in Texas

Thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 12:47 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the importance of insurance

Originally posted by dave f
if anyone about to arrive in the US thinks they can save a dollar or two by delaying getting health insurance, think again, .....
Good advice.

Insurance always looks expensive, until you need to claim on it, then it always looks cheap!