British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Impatient and emotional! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/impatient-emotional-763884/)

JessicaKate Jul 4th 2012 12:59 pm

Impatient and emotional!
 
Ok, so this thread may not go down well with all the stiff upper lips... but I need to vent.

I'm the USC who's waiting for husband's DCF I-130 in London. Our official filing date is 24 April. And we're still waiting... and waiting... and waiting...

I am getting seriously impatient and really depressed and emtional. I just want to go home already!

My life feels like its on a bit of a stand still at the moment and I really just want to get on with it. It's really frustrating!

Does anyone else feel like this?

lisa67 Jul 4th 2012 1:16 pm

Re: Impatient and emotional!
 
It must be hard for you but some people have longer waits if that put it into perspective.
I got very emotional and impatient waiting the 6 years it took for my green card to come through.

JessicaKate Jul 4th 2012 1:24 pm

Re: Impatient and emotional!
 

Originally Posted by lisa67 (Post 10154331)
It must be hard for you but some people have longer waits if that put it into perspective.
I got very emotional and impatient waiting the 6 years it took for my green card to come through.

6 years? bloody hell! If I may ask, why so long?

I think it's just the fact that I feel that I wasting days...

lisa67 Jul 4th 2012 1:25 pm

Re: Impatient and emotional!
 

Originally Posted by JessicaKate (Post 10154345)
6 years? bloody hell! If I may ask, why so long?

I think it's just the fact that I feel that I wasting days...

EB3 category....just the way things go.
It sucks when you have to wait aoveract to move on with life, but it's best to just breath and realize that these sort of things are out of your control.
Make the most of the time wherever you are, you never know what might be around the corner!

WEBlue Jul 4th 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Impatient and emotional!
 
I think you'll hear a lot of the same complaints over on the 'Moving Back to the UK' board here. . . UKCs who are so eager to go "back" home to the UK with their American spouses, but have to wait for the UK spouse visa to be approved & processed, which can take a while. And now with the rules changes in the UK spousal visa, lots of UKCs are worried they won't meet the financial threshold . . . :(

JessicaKate Jul 4th 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Impatient and emotional!
 
Oh trust me, this business about the maintenance requirement is ridiculous and sickening. There's lots of us USC's here in the UK that are petitioning about it.

Noorah101 Jul 4th 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Impatient and emotional!
 

Originally Posted by JessicaKate (Post 10154301)
Ok, so this thread may not go down well with all the stiff upper lips... but I need to vent.

I'm the USC who's waiting for husband's DCF I-130 in London. Our official filing date is 24 April. And we're still waiting... and waiting... and waiting...

I am getting seriously impatient and really depressed and emtional. I just want to go home already!

My life feels like its on a bit of a stand still at the moment and I really just want to get on with it. It's really frustrating!

Does anyone else feel like this?

Did you file in April 2012? If so, that's only been a little over two months ago! The Immigrant Visa process through London can take about 6 to 8 months. I think knowing how long it can take ahead of time helps you prepare mentally for a longer wait. You still have quite a ways to go.

That said, if you are the USC, you are free to leave the UK anytime now and get started on the new life you will share in the USA. That way you won't feel like you're wasting time doing nothing in the UK.

Rene

JessicaKate Jul 4th 2012 2:20 pm

Re: Impatient and emotional!
 
I know there is quite a bit of time to go...

I am considering going back early but I also feel it would be unfair to my husband to leave early while we need to sell the house and all of our stuff... I want to get on with it, but I also don't want to put all of this pressure on my husband.

Ugh.

Egon Jul 4th 2012 2:52 pm

Re: Impatient and emotional!
 

Originally Posted by JessicaKate (Post 10154378)
Oh trust me, this business about the maintenance requirement is ridiculous and sickening. There's lots of us USC's here in the UK that are petitioning about it.

Out of interest do you know of any active petitions? The only one I saw was made months before the new rules were announced and had only got a few signatures. I'll gladly sign and help with any initiatives to get the new rules changed.

JessicaKate Jul 4th 2012 3:00 pm

Re: Impatient and emotional!
 
Sorry shouldn't have used petition- letter writing to MP's....

http://www.migrantsrights.org.uk/fil...une_2012_0.pdf

JSL8610 Jul 4th 2012 3:00 pm

Re: Impatient and emotional!
 
http://www.keepcalmstudio.com/_galle...s_92f7e274.png

JessicaKate Jul 4th 2012 3:03 pm

Re: Impatient and emotional!
 
LOL, thanks. :)

ian-mstm Jul 4th 2012 3:06 pm

Re: Impatient and emotional!
 

Originally Posted by JessicaKate (Post 10154428)
Ok, so this thread may not go down well...

...

I want to get on with it, but I also don't want to put all of this pressure on my husband.

Well, this comment "may not go down well"... but you can't have it both ways.

Ian

Orangepants Jul 4th 2012 4:39 pm

Re: Impatient and emotional!
 

Originally Posted by JessicaKate (Post 10154301)
Ok, so this thread may not go down well with all the stiff upper lips... but I need to vent.

I'm the USC who's waiting for husband's DCF I-130 in London. Our official filing date is 24 April. And we're still waiting... and waiting... and waiting...

I am getting seriously impatient and really depressed and emtional. I just want to go home already!

My life feels like its on a bit of a stand still at the moment and I really just want to get on with it. It's really frustrating!

Does anyone else feel like this?


Yes I know exactly how you feel. When my visa application and hence job fell through I had to wait 4 years to join my then boyfriend/now husband. At least you are together!
Just get up each day and know that it is getting closer but you still have to live each day. :)

Bob Jul 4th 2012 7:34 pm

Re: Impatient and emotional!
 
You're the US citizen. You can move when ever you like.

DCF takes 8-10 months generally, so not all that bad. As frustrating as that might be.


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:14 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.