Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Impatient and emotional!

Impatient and emotional!

Old Jul 5th 2012, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Impatient and emotional!

Originally Posted by JessicaKate
Ok, so this thread may not go down well with all the stiff upper lips... but I need to vent.

I'm the USC who's waiting for husband's DCF I-130 in London. Our official filing date is 24 April. And we're still waiting... and waiting... and waiting...

I am getting seriously impatient and really depressed and emtional. I just want to go home already!

My life feels like its on a bit of a stand still at the moment and I really just want to get on with it. It's really frustrating!

Does anyone else feel like this?
So you are currently (wherever) living with your hisband? You filed in April and you're fed up of waiting. Do you know how long a lot of people on here spent apart from their fiancee's / spouses before they had the 'luxury' of living together?
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

JessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by traceym
So you are currently (wherever) living with your hisband? You filed in April and you're fed up of waiting. Do you know how long a lot of people on here spent apart from their fiancee's / spouses before they had the 'luxury' of living together?
I have lived without my husband... for months in the past. In fact about a week after we got married I had to go back to the US for 2 months for business. So I do know how hard it is to go through the distance. And that's why I really don't want to move out before him even though I want to get this show on the road.

Just for clarification, I live in the UK now. Have done for about 2 1/2 years.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:58 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I have lived without my husband... for months in the past. In fact about a week after we got married I had to go back to the US for 2 months for business. So I do know how hard it is to go through the distance. And that's why I really don't want to move out before him even though I want to get this show on the road.

2 Months? Yawn. Try a year (and thats just the next trip, not the move)
Old Jul 5th 2012, 4:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My fiance and I were apart for 14 months while going through the K-1 process to bring him here. Granted, we were not yet married and had never lived together, so maybe that made it easier.

Now that he's been in the USA for 8 years, we still "live apart" most of the time, as our home is in Phoenix but he spends 3 or 4 weeks at a time in Los Angeles working onsite for his clients. We spend one long weekend a month together, plus a longer vacation away somewhere now and then.

It works for us!
Rene
Old Jul 5th 2012, 6:22 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Might be a stupid question but have you considered getting your British Citizenship before you move back to the US?
Old Jul 5th 2012, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

My application took 18 Months. We started the paperwork in November 1994 and I was authorised in March of 1996.

Jim.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 11:14 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's just the fact that I feel that I wasting days...
Then don't waste them! You are (mostly) with the one you love in a country with endless quantities of things to do and learn and see. You do have to wait - but as waiters go, you aren't in that bad a situation.
Old Jul 7th 2012, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
2 Months? Yawn. Try a year (and thats just the next trip, not the move)
Old Jul 7th 2012, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

optomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really nice

Sooo your living with your husband and waiting? That's a piece of cake, try being 4,000 miles away from your husband and waiting for 9 months counting (will be 17-18 by the time he moves here).
Old Jul 7th 2012, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I bet the OP was wishing she hadn't said anything now...

Waiting is hard whatever it is for, and frustrating, and we all need to vent sometimes

Just try and make the most of life right now, it will all happen eventually