Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I'm quitting my job!

I'm quitting my job!

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:39 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm quitting my job!

After over 20 months I feel I cant go on feeling stressed and demotivated every day. The company are good and I get pretty good pay and conditions...but I have an overwhelming feeling that there is so much more I could be doing.

i used to make a bit of money singing and having fun but feel like the life has been sucked out of me.

I have given notice and have not planned what I will do next except for my long awaited plan to UK. My 10 year green card is in production!)

So am I mad? this is the most reckless and selfish thing I have ever done.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm quitting my job!

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
After over 20 months I feel I cant go on feeling stressed and demotivated every day. The company are good and I get pretty good pay and conditions...but I have an overwhelming feeling that there is so much more I could be doing.

i used to make a bit of money singing and having fun but feel like the life has been sucked out of me.

I have given notice and have not planned what I will do next except for my long awaited plan to UK. My 10 year green card is in production!)

Not if you're feeling that way. A new year...a new beginning. Something better will come your way...you'll see.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:48 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Not if you're feeling that way. A new year...a new beginning. Something better will come your way...you'll see.
Thanks Jersey, I feel really good about my decision except when I think about the bills. I have thought long and hard and this and am tired of being unhappy.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:50 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused does that mean you are returning to the UK when you get your Green Card?
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jersey, I feel really good about my decision except when I think about the bills. I have thought long and hard and this and am tired of being unhappy.
You are a very talented young lady...
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you for having the courage to take this step. When it comes to jobs, you HAVE to look out for #1 - because noone will do it for you.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
I'm confused does that mean you are returning to the UK when you get your Green Card?
Not for good, I made my decision last week and over the weekend found out the card was in production, I have been waiting for a trip to UK and preferred to have 1-751 stuff done. I will have a long trip without worrying about vacation time.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:57 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Not for good, I made my decision last week and over the weekend found out the card was in production, I have been waiting for a trip to UK and preferred to have 1-751 stuff done. I will have a long trip without worrying about vacation time.
Well good luck to you. I guess you won't make it back for christmas?
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Well good luck to you. I guess you won't make it back for christmas?
Thank you and, I wishl

I have ordered some hand made rugs with family names for gifts, checked postage today about three times more than cost of rugs,I know, didnt think that one through! they may have to wait for my visit to get them!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 2:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Can't you apply for advance parole while you're waiting for the GC to come through?
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 2:07 am

Can't you apply for advance parole while you're waiting for the GC to come through?
I have the extension letter, am just a bit obsessive about err... having ducks in a row, ok the yanks are rubbing off on me and thats the phrase my boss uses.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 2:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I have the extension letter, am just a bit obsessive about err... having ducks in a row, ok the yanks are rubbing off on me and thats the phrase my boss uses.
If it's the same you're OK to go. The first time you come back into the US you will probably have to go to secondary screening at the airport...it's no big deal. We had to apply for emergency AP when we were waiting for our GCs.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 2:10 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Permanent Residents don't need AP...

If her old card has expired and the new one doesn't arrive in time, she can get an I-551 stamp from her DO if she shows them the ticket.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 2:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Elvira
Permanent Residents don't need AP...

If her old card has expired and the new one doesn't arrive in time, she can get an I-551 stamp from her DO if she shows them the ticket.
OK I assumed she'd just applied for the GC...didn't realise it was a renewal.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 2:41 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

If it's the same you're OK to go. The first time you come back into the US you will probably have to go to secondary screening at the airport...it's no big deal. We had to apply for emergency AP when we were waiting for our GCs.
Yeah, be careful if you have a connecting flight - I spent a good hour in the 'back office' trying to explain that no, I did not have two green cards at the same time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.