Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I'm impressed!

I'm impressed!

Old Dec 19th 2003, 7:50 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up I'm impressed!

I got my green card in the mail today, and I've only been here for 2 and a half weeks! I got my SS card after a week. The only thing I haven't got yet is my driving license as I haven't had time to go for it yet, but I'll do that after Christmas. I even have a credit card! Don't bombard me with questions as to how I got it, because my partner got it for us in a joint account, and I doubt it will go towards my credit rating. Just thought I'd let you know about the green card, for those of you that were wondering how long it takes. Bit of an anti-climax really!
Old Dec 19th 2003, 8:10 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same experience with the green card delivery within 2 weeks....I was told to expect 6 months...one of life's oddities. I guess the card printing department is more efficient than the rest of the INS
Old Dec 19th 2003, 8:11 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear you're settling in well and navigating the red tape.
Old Dec 19th 2003, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PrincessofWales
I had the same experience with the green card delivery within 2 weeks....I was told to expect 6 months...one of life's oddities. I guess the card printing department is more efficient than the rest of the INS
My husband and I treked down to Detroit to have my passport stamped so I could travel etc because we were told it would take a year for the card... it arrived 2 weeks later

Ash