I'm back!

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 9:45 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm back!

Originally Posted by bettyboop80
1 suitcase, you must be mad!! I just got back last week, me and my husband took 4 between us, i told him he only could take 4 changes of clothes cause i wanted the rest of the cases empty to take stuff back with me! (they were full on the way over because my family gives me a list now of things to bring over eg cheetos for my dad!)
I'd normally take 2, but with a 2 year old & going on my own, I had the stroller, car seat & luggage to deal with on my own. So I just took the one big suitcase, it wasn't too bad really, we managed to fit in everything we needed.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 9:49 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I'd normally take 2, but with a 2 year old & going on my own, I had the stroller, car seat & luggage to deal with on my own. So I just took the one big suitcase, it wasn't too bad really, we managed to fit in everything we needed.
When I took my lad last month we just drove around 12 family members to an old dirty minivan with no car seat like a bunch of gypsies...................... course I didn't tell his Mom
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 9:54 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Yummy!
Yeah, it's from this little shop in Stow on the Wold ( http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Emily-Rose ) & they ship to the states too. I had a little taste of some in the shop, it was lovely. So I brought some back, reasonably price & the man that owned the shop was lovely, stood there chatting for a while. They had some really interesting flavours too, I played i safe & got 'Lemon', 'Blackberry', 'Strawberry & Lemon Sherbet' & 'Apple & Cinnamon'.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Yeah, it's from this little shop in Stow on the Wold ( http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Emily-Rose ) & they ship to the states too. I had a little taste of some in the shop, it was lovely. So I brought some back, reasonably price & the man that owned the shop was lovely, stood there chatting for a while. They had some really interesting flavours too, I played i safe & got 'Lemon', 'Blackberry', 'Strawberry & Lemon Sherbet' & 'Apple & Cinnamon'.
I've bookmarked it. I miss a fudge store (used to make different fudges, peanut clusters etc,) called, 'Dick's Sweets'.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 10:32 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx Tom!

I don't mind at all, I think you maybe right. All the British men loved them, I got hit on left, right & centre. Once by this South African who was lovely, I would have gone home with him had I not been married, eh up! I've got to hand it to him, he did try very hard & I was flattered! Naughty, naughty, very naughty, ah ha ha ha haaa!

A very good friend of mine now calls me mega MILF!
Most of the guys were probably just trying to help pack your fudge
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back Liz,

Glad to hear that you had a nice time. Isn't it nice to get back and it's like you've not been away, enjoy the Brit night tomorrow, raise a glass to absent friends (that would be me )
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:03 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Perfect! It was my son's first time at the beach, he loved it. I was shocked by all the people swimming in the sea, the water was freezing!

Ironically enough when we went home in July my son went to the beach for the first time down in Cornwall.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:08 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Partystar]I brought back -

Mint sauce
Baxter's Tomato & Red Pepper Chutney
Prawn Cocktail Crisps
Lamb & Mint Crisps
Salad Cream

Loads of sweets - Vimto Lollies, Flying Saucers, Blackcurrant Millions, Vimto Bonbons, Jelly Babies, Foam Bananas, Sour Apples, Spearmint Chews, Creamy Toffee Chews, Strawberry Milk Bottles, Turkish Delight & Homemade Fudge!

That's all I could fit in, we only took 1 suitcase, impressive huh?!?[/QUOTE]

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you try (and you are really, really motivated!)
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:13 pm
Blondie22

I only took one aswell but then like you said, I had the car seat and all the other guff so it adds up. Thank god next time I fly I can check the car seat in and not have to cart it through the airport! ( I'm actually hoping that my son puts on 12 lbs between now and the next time we fly so that he can graduate onto a booster seat, mucher lighter to carry! )
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 5:34 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by BrandonBrit
Welcome back Liz,

Glad to hear that you had a nice time. Isn't it nice to get back and it's like you've not been away, enjoy the Brit night tomorrow, raise a glass to absent friends (that would be me )
I shall raise my non alcoholic drink for you tonight. I'm not very well at all, so don't feel like drinking, which is just as well as I don't think hubby wants to drive downtown to pick me up at 2am!

You'll be missed matey.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 5:34 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by lionheart
Most of the guys were probably just trying to help pack your fudge
I have no idea what you mean!
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 5:38 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by blaze
It's amazing what you can accomplish when you try (and you are really, really motivated!)
Oh yeah, the crisps are in a bad shape, but I don't care, as long as I have them! The key is to not stuff you suitcase to the brim going there, that way you have room for the way back. My family bought me so much stuff, about 5 outfits & a pair of shoes for Tyler. 2 t-shirts for Dev, some perfume, a pair of trousers & a few tops for me, I was amazed that I got it all in, plus the food.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 5:49 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by blaze
I only took one aswell but then like you said, I had the car seat and all the other guff so it adds up. Thank god next time I fly I can check the car seat in and not have to cart it through the airport! ( I'm actually hoping that my son puts on 12 lbs between now and the next time we fly so that he can graduate onto a booster seat, mucher lighter to carry! )
This thing was a sanity/life saver - http://www.amazon.com/2%252din%252d1.../dp/B0000789TK
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 6:11 pm
Blondie22

This thing was a sanity/life saver - http://www.amazon.com/2%252din%252d1.../dp/B0000789TK

I had the carry version of that (without the wheels) and it was NOT a lifesaver, it was a pain in the arse! I think I still have the bruises on my legs to prove it, damn thing was so heavy and awkward that it kept slamming into my legs when I was carrying it! Oh well, lesson learnt!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.