Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Illegal Workers: My Two Cents

Wikiposts

Illegal Workers: My Two Cents

Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Illegal Workers: My Two Cents

Originally Posted by Partystar
or have to sit there & hear people talking in another language, I actually think it's a bit rude. I would never live in a country if I didn't speak the language, but that's just me.
So, no one should ever speak in a foreign language to annoy you then? And do you think this country wasn't founded by foreigners? Some not even <gasp> speaking english.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I also agree that I shouldn't have to learn Spanish to talk to people, shop somewhere, have dinner or have to sit there & hear people talking in another language, I actually think it's a bit rude. I would never live in a country if I didn't speak the language, but that's just me.
God forbid if someone should sit near you in a restaurant and speak in their own language

Gees don't be so stupid.

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WarriorLife
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to cry "Troll". Oh, go away you ex-teacher's pet.

So you illegally sneak into a house and tell the owner he needs to start speaking your language because you are too poor to learn English. You avoid all the expense and trauma of immigration. You earn cash in hand money without taxes or deductions.

Sorry, I'm not buying it. This world is full of short-cutters, cheapskates and criminals who depend on pillars of strength like me to pick up their slack and get them through life.

If you are happy to do this, then fine. I'm taking matters into my own hands.
Hey Warrior I'm in NJ, let's discuss this mano to mano, over a meal, I know this great Mexican restaurant, let me know.
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to cry "Troll". Oh, go away you ex-teacher's pet.

So you illegally sneak into a house and tell the owner he needs to start speaking your language because you are too poor to learn English. You avoid all the expense and trauma of immigration. You earn cash in hand money without taxes or deductions.

Sorry, I'm not buying it. This world is full of short-cutters, cheapskates and criminals who depend on pillars of strength like me to pick up their slack and get them through life.

WTF are you wanking on about now? whats all this about breaking into houses?

And why am i a teachers pet for thinking you are a troll? You either enjoy winding people up or are actually the idiot you accuse others of being!

Oh and before you say I was swearing i feel it necessary in this case
Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Get a life, in fact get a couple of them.

Note to mods: This guy always starts a riot when he posts, FFS, why isn't he banned?
Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:22 am
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
So, no one should ever speak in a foreign language to annoy you then? And do you think this country wasn't founded by foreigners? Some not even <gasp> speaking english.
Survival of the fittest. English became the predominant language, and those who come here should have the decency to assmiliate and learn the language. Go move to Japan and speak English...see where it gets you.

Of course, liberals (and my God is this a neo-liberal forum!!) are the ones to blame for pussy footing around this issue and turning the US into a haven for the weak and the lazy because it's 'nice'.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:23 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Note to mods: This guy always starts a riot when he posts, FFS, why isn't he banned?
Because he's funny!

Even more fun now that he's found a partner in our new friend PartyStar!
Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Survival of the fittest. English became the predominant language, and those who come here should have the decency to assmiliate and learn the language. Go move to Japan and speak English...see where it gets you.

Of course, liberals (and my God is this a neo-liberal forum!!) are the ones to blame for pussy footing around this issue and turning the US into a haven for the weak and the lazy because it's 'nice'.
Are you an ex-pat or USC?
Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Were you saying something?

Because all I got was BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH

Must be something wrong with your 'puter.....maybe the asian down the road can have a look at it for you.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:25 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

If you leave all the doors and windows open in your house and the lights on, do you not share some of the blame?

Your allegation that all those who chose not to greet the POE officer do not pay taxes or deductions are simply incorrect.
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Because he's funny!

Even more fun now that he's found a partner in our new friend PartyStar!

Now come on - its not nice to laugh at others misfortunes - I'm sure he can't help it!
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

You can't...and shouldn't...ban me because of the responses a thread gets...afterall you're the one posting them. At least I create debate and discussion which is more than YOU ever do.

I have friends who cannot get a job because they are not bilingual or cannot communicate effectively with Spanish speaking people. That's just plain wrong. Plus having to deal with dual-language newspapers and menus, etc etc is ridiculous. The same thing happened to England with it's pro-muslim PC brigade.

People like the liberal lot have ruined this world. It's the same reason I can't see an uncensored movie or listen to the full lyrics of a song on the radio. I hope they are happy - they have watered down this society so much that you can't even fart without someone trying to sue you. I'd hate to be next to them in the trenches!!
Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:26 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

I'm taking matters into my own hands.
That's marvellous to hear. You're going to single-handedly solve the illegal immigrant problem. Would you please share with us precisely how you intend to do this?
Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:26 am
Winterwords

Originally Posted by Big D
Now come on - its not nice to laugh at others misfortunes - I'm sure he can't help it!
You mean I can't take him home, put him on a lead and keep him as a pet?

awww...

Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You can't...and shouldn't...ban me because of the responses a thread gets...afterall you're the one posting them. At least I create debate and discussion which is more than YOU ever do.

I have friends who cannot get a job because they are not bilingual or cannot communicate effectively with Spanish speaking people. That's just plain wrong. Plus having to deal with dual-language newspapers and menus, etc etc is ridiculous. The same thing happened to England with it's pro-muslim PC brigade.

People like the liberal lot have ruined this world. It's the same reason I can't see an uncensored movie or listen to the full lyrics of a song on the radio. I hope they are happy - they have watered down this society so much that you can't even fart without someone trying to sue you. I'd hate to be next to them in the trenches!!
why can't you making a damn point without being so ******* condescending and rude???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.