Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Illegal Workers: My Two Cents

Wikiposts

Illegal Workers: My Two Cents

Old Aug 29th 2005, 4:43 am
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future
Default Illegal Workers: My Two Cents

Point blank, I'm against them.

And anyone who frequents these boards should be too. Let's face it, 99% of the population of this forum has been through the immigration process to either live and work freely in the US, to be with loved ones (either family or spouse) or both. 99% of this forum has experienced the pain of immigration process, and how it is a lottery with your life and future - will we be together? What if we have to live apart? Where will I be living and working in six months? Should I sell my car? Will I ever see my mum and dad again?

We've all been through the expense, the trauma, the travel, waiting in embassies. dealing with incompetent officers, storage, shipping, culture shocks and home sickness.

And we did it all, to either work in another country or to be with family. We are rewarded with good jobs, good standard of living and to be with loved ones. Surrounded in a good lifestyle because we earned it.

Therefore - why should we have to endure that, and then sit back and watch some infidel or deviant enjoy the same rewards? Knowing that they got there by buying a dead man's social security number, swimming the river or overstaying their welcome.

How would you feel if you climbed to the top of Everest, and someone else was helicoptered to the top and shared your bottle of victory champagne? How would you feel if you spent your life writing a best selling book, and someone else topped the best seller list with a plagiarised rip off?

These people are criminals. Just like the thief or the bank robber. For most people in this world, if we want a TV or a fancy car - we work for it, we suffer and we PAY FOR IT with our hard earned cash. Some other people out there however, decide if they want it, they'll steal it. Want to get that hot chick into bed but don't want to pay for six dates? Just rape her! Want a mercedes but don't want to work to earn $20,000? Just steal your neighbors!

Illegal Immigration, illegal workers and cocky foreigners who think they are "above the rules" - the same rules I and you had to endure - and instead feel entitled to a quickfix existence in the US have one fate waiting for them.

They should be round up and shot. Make an example of them. Keep them out. 11,000,000 people in the US right now live and work there under freedom and prestige...and they did it through deceit, lies and breaking the law. I have no sympathy, no respect and no tolerance for these bastards.

And if you do - then you are an idiot, and it's people like you with your "love thy neighbor" attitudes that let these people exist here in the US.

Your views?
Old Aug 29th 2005, 4:49 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Illegal Workers: My Two Cents

Originally Posted by WarriorLife

And anyone who frequents these boards should be too. Let's face it, 99% of the population of this forum has been through the immigration process to either live and work freely in the US, to be with loved ones (either family or spouse) or both. 99% of this forum has experienced the pain of immigration process, and how it is a lottery with your life and future - will we be together? What if we have to live apart? Where will I be living and working in six months? Should I sell my car? Will I ever see my mum and dad again?

We've all been through the expense, the trauma, the travel, waiting in embassies. dealing with incompetent officers, storage, shipping, culture shocks and home sickness.

And we did it all, to either work in another country or to be with family. We are rewarded with good jobs, good standard of living and to be with loved ones. Surrounded in a good lifestyle because we earned it.

Therefore - why should we have to endure that, and then sit back and watch some infidel or deviant enjoy the same rewards? Knowing that they got there by buying a dead man's social security number, swimming the river or overstaying their welcome.

How would you feel if you climbed to the top of Everest, and someone else was helicoptered to the top and shared your bottle of victory champagne? How would you feel if you spent your life writing a best selling book, and someone else topped the best seller list with a plagiarised rip off?

These people are criminals. Just like the thief or the bank robber. For most people in this world, if we want a TV or a fancy car - we work for it, we suffer and we PAY FOR IT with our hard earned cash. Some other people out there however, decide if they want it, they'll steal it. Want to get that hot chick into bed but don't want to pay for six dates? Just rape her! Want a mercedes but don't want to work to earn $20,000? Just steal your neighbors!

Illegal Immigration, illegal workers and cocky foreigners who think they are "above the rules" - the same rules I and you had to endure - and instead feel entitled to a quickfix existence in the US have one fate waiting for them.

They should be round up and shot. Make an example of them. Keep them out. 11,000,000 people in the US right now live and work there under freedom and prestige...and they did it through deceit, lies and breaking the law. I have no sympathy, no respect and no tolerance for these bastards.

And if you do - then you are an idiot, and it's people like you with your "love thy neighbor" attitudes that let these people exist here in the US.

Your views?
On the basis that anyone who disagrees is an idiot, ill keep me views to myself! It seems you are looking for agreement, and not comments.

Last edited by CarlM; Aug 29th 2005 at 4:54 am.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 4:52 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

So how to you intend to solve the problem? There's no point being for or against; rather the issue needs solutions since it is plainly obvious that it cannot continue on its present hypocritical path. Do you support either of the two draft bills currently on the table? If not, what's wrong with them? How would you solve it? Please come up with a solutions that also acknowledge the government's and corporations' guilt in this sorry mess.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

Hmmm...there are many reasons for people wanting to illegally migrate to the US, the vast majority of them economic. I'm not sure there are many coming here because of the country's 'prestige', simply becasue it doesn't have any left.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry can't just kick them out; they keep the prices down on products of US manufacturers.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:13 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
So how to you intend to solve the problem? There's no point being for or against; rather the issue needs solutions since it is plainly obvious that it cannot continue on its present hypocritical path. Do you support either of the two draft bills currently on the table? If not, what's wrong with them? How would you solve it? Please come up with a solutions that also acknowledge the government's and corporations' guilt in this sorry mess.
Both are unworkable, in my opinion. But that doesn't matter as Warriorlife's third method is going to solve everything
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:17 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Rounding them up and shooting them is a bit harsh...there just unlucky to be stuck in a country with troubles and want a better life, but don't have the benefits of the poor nations in the EU of just being able to bugger off to a better country on the legit.

And how else do you think the fruit and veg get picked in this country
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:22 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Sorry can't just kick them out; they keep the prices down on products of US manufacturers.
I don't actually believe that would be the problem; the economy would recover pretty quickly IMO. The issue is that the government allowed these people to come here by not enforcing their own laws, and many of them are now a part of the fabric of society: they own homes, have jobs, pay taxes and social security payments, their kids know nothing but the US and have been educated here, and many of their kids are USCs anyway. It really isn't fair to turn round now and say, "Sorry guys but we don't want you here any more. We were happy to turn a blind eye when we needed you, but now you can eff off back home."
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I don't actually believe that would be the problem; the economy would recover pretty quickly IMO. The issue is that the government allowed these people to come here by not enforcing their own laws, and many of them are now a part of the fabric of society: they own homes, have jobs, pay taxes and social security payments, their kids know nothing but the US and have been educated here, and many of their kids are USCs anyway. It really isn't fair to turn round now and say, "Sorry guys but we don't want you here any more. We were happy to turn a blind eye when we needed you, but now you can eff off back home."
Probably true, however I'm sure the bottom line will always be money.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:41 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Your views?
but who would mow my lawn ?
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:46 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

... why should we have to endure that, and then sit back and watch some infidel or deviant enjoy the same rewards?
Not sure what you mean by "deviants", but I've got an inkling of what you mean by "INFIDELS".

I think you've nailed your colours to the mast: you just don't like people who aren't like you...
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:51 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Who would do all the monkey work that they are currently doing?!?!?! Not many 'legals' would take it on!
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:55 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Partystar
Who would do all the monkey work that they are currently doing?!?!?! Not many 'legals' would take it on!

Wages would rise, though.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:57 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Wages would rise, though.

I wonder how many USCs would be prepared to pick produce in the heat of California's Central Valley, or do similarly awful jobs, even if the wages were higher.

Every year, quite a number die on the job...
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:58 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Judging by the attitude of WL's thread starter, he should have put it in TIO.

Given the insult in the last two paragraphs, I will not address WL directly, but the rant is so full of crap that I can't let it go.

Most illegals are here to earn a living, they are exploited by Americans mostly, who take advantage of their inability to complain. WL seems to blame them for all or most of the violent crime but produces no evidence.

WL wants to round them up and shoot them. This is so far out that it needs nothing more than to report it. Perhaps WL would like to pull the trigger on the little ones.

The forces that would be needed to round them up would be a drag on the economy. The borders are so long that the cost of closing them would be prohibitive. And they would still get in, where there is a demand, there will be a supply. There is a demand for their labour, so border guards will get bribed because they will not be highly paid.

The simplest response is to formalize things, although I suspect that many of these people would not be able to provide the required documentation which, is geared to the developed world.

Lastly, WL seems to regard the visa process as a rite of passage and because it was tough for him, everyone else must have it as tough. I came here many years ago, when the process took four months. Does that mean my citizenship and the green card I had before that, should be revoked because I didn't have it tough enough?

What I have written here is so obvious that I think I wasted my time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.