Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

IHOP-love the pancakes, but...

IHOP-love the pancakes, but...

Old Dec 17th 2010, 3:19 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IHOP-love the pancakes, but...

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I used to be a run down shack looking building
"I got better"
Old Dec 17th 2010, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

sadphish is just really nicesadphish is just really nicesadphish is just really nicesadphish is just really nicesadphish is just really nicesadphish is just really nicesadphish is just really nicesadphish is just really nice

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
If you're ever in St. Louis and want real Diners I can talk about my favorite...
Order a "Slinger" which consists of two hamburgers topped with hashbrowns, two eggs over easy, chili, cheese and onions.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jxf5ibQTSH...0/slinger1.jpg...
I got really drunk once as a teenager and threw up what seemed like everything I'd eaten in the past year...thanks for reminding me of the experience xD

That said, I am kind of tempted to try it >.>
Old Dec 17th 2010, 3:37 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
"I got better"
I certainly did
Old Dec 18th 2010, 1:11 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
not many, The Breakfast Club on Tybee is pretty good.

I like to watch Diners, Drive ins and Dives on the Food Channel.
When we visited we had a suoerb breakfast at Clary's Cafe
(4430 Habersham Street, Savannah) and had the best corned beef hash I've ever had...it was actually made with real corned beef and hasbrowns instead of some meat by product roughly resembling Alpo. Mrs IP has B&G which also was excellent. Of course it's been a couple years- IP Jr. was still bottle feeding!
Old Dec 18th 2010, 1:18 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
When we visited we had a suoerb breakfast at Clary's Cafe
(4430 Habersham Street, Savannah) and had the best corned beef hash I've ever had...it was actually made with real corned beef and hasbrowns instead of some meat by product roughly resembling Alpo. Mrs IP has B&G which also was excellent. Of course it's been a couple years- IP Jr. was still bottle feeding!
The first time we went to Clary's was just before our wedding, had just left the bakery and the great wedding cake decision, I had a lovely chocolate ice cream soda!

I've never been to the one on Abercorn, which is the original, made famous in Midnight.

Ed note-my mom always served a poached egg on top of her homemade corned beef hash, although we always had it for dinner, never breakfast.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 3:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
I had a friend who *said* he would drive from San Diego to Phoenix (6 hours) for Waffle House.
Mmmm Waffle House...my dad and I used to love to go hang out there at all hours day or night. They always cooked the eggs exactly right, every single time!

As for portion sizes and waitresses...I took a Persian friend of mine (who was actually very portly) to the best Persian restaurant here in town when she was visiting. The portion sizes are huge and I'm sure most Americans take 2/3 of it to go...but for Persians, it's actually a typical portion size...it's a lot of rice. Anyway, no surprise to me, my friend finished her whole plate of food (I purposely left some of mine to take home, I love it the next day for lunch). The American waitress came to clear the plates, and I swear her eyes bugged out when she saw my friend's empty plate. "You ate ALL of that????" My friend says yes. Waitress said "WOW, I've NEVER seen anyone eat ALL of their food like that!!!" After the waitress left, my friend said "I should have told her to just bring out the trough!" LOL

Rene