Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

If you had the choice: Australia or USA

Wikiposts

If you had the choice: Australia or USA

Old Feb 28th 2006, 1:29 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you had the choice: Australia or USA

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
apparently the highways are pure shite over there
and they're really good here, aren't they?
Old Feb 28th 2006, 1:30 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Its true, the teacher is my best friend. The school is in Salford and the kids are aged 9 to 11 :scared: - the theory being they kick-off less if they can have a tab.. and I wonder why we left
That is f**king outrageous!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 1:30 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
and they're really good here, aren't they?
haha at least they exist!!

have you been to Houston? potholes in the road the size of craters..it's like being in a 3rd world country, when my van finally craps out I'm going to sue the city
Old Feb 28th 2006, 1:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
On another note, does anyone know why most exams here are multiple choice?
so you don't have to think, and can always have an answer...
Old Feb 28th 2006, 1:40 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Do you assume that all handguns in the US are legal and there are no hand guns in the UK because they are illegal ? I think its a weak reason for distrusting the US and US schools, its sensationalism - you are more likely to get run-over by a drunk driver I'm sure
No, I don't assume that, I know that you can still find guns in England, but it's a lot harder & gun crimes are a lot less common there. It's also very unlikely that a kid will bring them into school in England, that's why I said 'the threat has pretty much gone'.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 1:41 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
so you don't have to think, and can always have an answer...
get with the program Bob

(a) can test a child's intelligence to the maximum
(b) to make grading easier
(c) so you don't have to think, and can always have an answer
(d) to test a child intelligence and not sheer ability to memorise
(e) all of the above

Old Feb 28th 2006, 1:41 pm
Back where I belong!

I hate Chardonnay
Me too!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 1:44 pm
Back where I belong!

haha at least they exist!!

have you been to Houston? potholes in the road the size of craters..it's like being in a 3rd world country, when my van finally craps out I'm going to sue the city
I never thought there was anything wrong with the roads in Aussie, I've seen much worse here!!!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 1:46 pm
Back where I belong!

get with the program Bob

(a) can test a child's intelligence to the maximum
(b) to make grading easier
(c) so you don't have to think, and can always have an answer
(d) to test a child intelligence and not sheer ability to memorise
(e) all of the above

Hahaha, when I was at school in Texas, I got 100% on my first ever multiple choice exam & everyone thought I was a f**king genius, it was a first aid test in health class ffs!!!

I never did an exam there that wasn't multiple choice!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 1:57 pm
Back Again

I never thought there was anything wrong with the roads in Aussie, I've seen much worse here!!!
guess I never worded myself correctly, according to my hubby's Aussie friend( I've actually no idea cos I haven't been to OZ ) the roads ...highways etc are non existent...few and far between...wasn't commenting on their condition ...the highways here are great, at least you have several options on how to get from A to B now their conditions are a different matter :scared:

the op asks U.S or OZ both of which sound very interesting and adventurous if you've always been stuck in the U.K....for some reason most Brits have rose tinted spec on when it comes to living in other countries....I can be poor and miserable as hell here knowing some poor bitch from school is as jealous as hell cos I'm living it up in the U.S ...stooopid ...I lived in Germany for two years and loved it....personally I'd rather be stuck in Europe..
Old Feb 28th 2006, 1:59 pm
Back Again

Hahaha, when I was at school in Texas, I got 100% on my first ever multiple choice exam & everyone thought I was a f**king genius, it was a first aid test in health class ffs!!!

I never did an exam there that wasn't multiple choice!
I'm actually banking on my Naturalization test being multiple choice
Old Feb 28th 2006, 2:03 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I'm actually banking on my Naturalization test being multiple choice
Or join the dots!!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 2:05 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by rushman
Or join the dots!!
hell no! but I am bring my crayons just incase they pull a fast one and bring out a coloring book
Old Feb 28th 2006, 2:05 pm
Back where I belong!

guess I never worded myself correctly, according to my hubby's Aussie friend( I've actually no idea cos I haven't been to OZ ) the roads ...highways etc are non existent...few and far between...wasn't commenting on their condition ...the highways here are great, at least you have several options on how to get from A to B now their conditions are a different matter :scared:

the op asks U.S or OZ both of which sound very interesting and adventurous if you've always been stuck in the U.K....for some reason most Brits have rose tinted spec on when it comes to living in other countries....I can be poor and miserable as hell here knowing some poor bitch from school is as jealous as hell cos I'm living it up in the U.S ...stooopid ...I lived in Germany for two years and loved it....personally I'd rather be stuck in Europe..
I hear ya mate! I could either be in England or Aussie. I think I'm definitely leaning towards England, because I have to think about our quality of life & my son's future. I love the fact that I could just up & drive to France for the weekend. To me, the only thing letting England down, is the weather.

We never found a problem with the roads in Aussie, we drove from Brisbane to Sydney, then onto Parks & then down to Melbourne & there was plenty of roads!!! Then again, I always stick to the populated areas & cities, so of course, I wouldn't notice the lack of roads there.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 2:19 pm
Back Again

I hear ya mate! I could either be in England or Aussie. I think I'm definitely leaning towards England, because I have to think about our quality of life & my son's future. I love the fact that I could just up & drive to France for the weekend. To me, the only thing letting England down, is the weather.
I met my husband in Germany , looking back a big attraction was that he was spontaneous and we were always going places....jumping on trains was one thing but even when we had our first kid he was always excited about travelling to other countries (hours in the car - I never wanted to go ) now I've been in the U.S were hours in the car mean the same Country , same stores, same restaurants, practically the same State I understand where all that enthusiasm was coming from

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.