Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

If you could choose, what would it be?

If you could choose, what would it be?

Old Oct 12th 2004, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

suzieque is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If you could choose, what would it be?

For me it has to be:
Royale Family
One foot in the Grave
Friday night Jonathon Ross
Casualty
Harry Enfield
EE
and as suggested a bit of classic Grange Hill (when Tucker was in it) would be great.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

Our local PBS has some fine shows that put BBCA to shame. For instance they have old Dr Who's, Red Dwarf and the UK Antiquues ROadshow. However for some idiotic reason they also show 'Are you being served?' I don't know about the rest of you, but I never found John INman or Mrs Slocombes Pussy even remotely amusing...

BBCA do have their Request a Program, and the 5 I'd pick from their list would be:

Our Friends in the North
I'm Alan Partridge
Very Important Pennis
LAter with JUles Holland.

ANd to perplex the wife....One Man and his dog.

Speaking of Love thy Neighbour, How well would Alf Garnett go down over here? (even tho Archie Bunker was modelled after him)
Old Oct 12th 2004, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

So many to choose from, let me see:

The Royale Family
Footballers Wives
I'm Alan Patridge
Bad Girls
EastEnders
No Angels
(except I've just seen that they are going to make an American version of No Angels, so they will probably murder it just like they did with Coupling)
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...sion_angels_dc

I could go on forever....sigh

Lottie
Old Oct 12th 2004, 3:10 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of that, has there ever been a remade show that was only good?
Old Oct 12th 2004, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mad Max7
What about "On The Busses?"
On the busses were hilarious... that would be a good one. Dads Army, The Likely, Birds of a Feather and the Carry On movies would also be nice to see once in a while.

Ash
Old Oct 12th 2004, 3:23 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the old shows are the good ones. I'd choose to show-

This Life (did this come about before Ally McBeal?)
The Clangers
Brass Eye (uncut, unedited)
Newsnight (it is on CSPAN but at an unearthly hour)
Casualty
Life in the Freezer (so I can get a penguin fix)
The Tube (especially the period when Stavros was on)

NC Penguin
Old Oct 12th 2004, 3:33 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Has to be Terry & June...Class