Reload this Page >

If not USA - Where?

Wikiposts

If not USA - Where?

Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:26 am
Franklin

Default Re: If not USA - Where?

Originally Posted by SarahUK
I'm making abit of an assumption here and I know it doesn't apply to everyone but most people here seem to have moved to the USA because of an American significant other.
If you HAD NOT have married an American and moved here, (or moved here for a job or any other reason) where in the world would you like to have lived? Would you have just stayed in Blighty or were you definintely into emigrating somewhere in the world and where would you have gone?
I was in the process of moving permanently to Norway. If I had not met a certain drop dead gorgeous American woman I might have made it to Norway.

Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

So hard to say. I guess I would have stayed in the UK. I only left three years ago at 22 because I fell in love.

I have a lot of life left to live, and for now it will be the US.

Later - who knows where the world might take you! I certainly never planned on landing here!

Love it though!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:58 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: If not USA - Where?

We are in the States because of my husband's job; he's English too and we're here on L1 and L2 (intracompany transfer) visas.

We were on an expat posting in the Far East - Singapore - prior to being posted here and I would go back in a heartbeat and so would the rest of the family....it's a fabulous place to raise children. I wouldn't want to live out my days there though.

We loved Australia but I think would only want to live in Sydney....we're quite happy to go on another expat posting elsewhere (Geneva being the next most likely place according to my husband) but at the end of the day we will definitely return to live in England - it's where our roots are and certainly the place where I want to grow old.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:03 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Spain before moving here. My original plan was to move to Canada (also have Canadian citizenship) but then we decided to get married.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have stayed in England.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:32 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

My parents were ready to emigrate to New Zealand 25 years ago and the Uncle they were to move in with suddenly died so they stayed in the UK,they were always glad that it worked out that way. I would move back to England but don't know if I would stay, I have itchy feet now!!