Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

If I were an American ..

Wikiposts

If I were an American ..

Old Dec 7th 2007, 3:44 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: If I were an American ..

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Thank-you. That was my point.

When Elina was carrying James and about 6 months pregnant. We got rear ended by a girl when we stopped at a crosswalk for pedestrians.
I was very angry as Elina was haevily pregnant and I was driving my convertible.
I got an estimate from the body shop for $800 as she didn't want to go through her insurance.
$300 for a small ding and $500 for a scratch on the plastic bumper ( which came of with water and a sponge)
I went back to the girl and explained the $500 was excessive bullshit and didn't need done. She paid $300 for work that needed done and I saved her $500 rather than gouge her according to the bodyshop estimate.
I also felt sorry that I shouted at her at the time, she also had given me a business card and worked for a non-profit for underpriveledged kids.
Like I said karma, what goes around comes around in this life
Yeah then you had a fire in your place.....karma my arse!!!.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 3:54 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
When in Rome. Forgive us our trespasses as we sue the bollocks off of those that trespass against us.

Really, so how many times have you been sued and how many years have you been here?
Been here since 1987, I've never sued. Mind you half of that time I've never had a pot to piss in

Originally Posted by Rushman
Yeah then you had a fire in your place.....karma my arse!!!.
Come to think of it that was Elina too, bad luck that Finn. One of the few times she's in my car it gets hit. Probably was Hitler in a previous life.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 11:17 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Don't worry about me getting laid. You come across like a hysterical, nails on chalkboard S. African. Why don't you try reading the thread. Did you read Sugarmooma's comments.

As usual boundries are being drawn by people's on-line friendships rather than objectively looking at posters comments. Rushman is perfectly capable of giving as good as he gets.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=75
It has nothing to do with online friendships. Rushman does not need anyone to come to his defense, we all know that he's more than capable of going it alone. It just gets up my tits when people bleat the 'go off and leave then' bit when there are so many on the board who would do that in a heartbeat but can't due to many circumstances.

And I'm not a South African.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 2:09 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
It has nothing to do with online friendships. Rushman does not need anyone to come to his defense, we all know that he's more than capable of going it alone. It just gets up my tits when people bleat the 'go off and leave then' bit when there are so many on the board who would do that in a heartbeat but can't due to many circumstances.

And I'm not a South African.
Shut it Safa
Old Dec 8th 2007, 11:22 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Shut it Safa
Bleeding whinging pom
Old Dec 8th 2007, 11:26 am
Banned

Bleeding whinging pom
Shows over. Talk about after the Lord Mayors show. You can go back to sleep now

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Dec 8th 2007 at 11:31 am.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 11:28 am

Shows over. Take about after the Lord Mayors show. You can go back to sleep now
A tad early to be partaking, no?
Old Dec 8th 2007, 11:31 am
Banned

A tad early to be partaking, no?
Rollocks...............
Old Dec 9th 2007, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE ...

Took the pills back. The pharmacist in question wasn't there, so I asked for the pharmacy manager. A young girl came over who I swear looked about 13 (sign of getting old ) and introduced herself as the manager.

Explained what I was there for and she knew all about it - even knew my name without looking at notes. Showed it had been discussed at length.

She had a message from the pharmacist who put the pills in the wrong bottle which was a sincere apology. I accepted that but expressed my concern at what could have happened.

She gave me the correct prescription which was already made up and a store card was attached to the bag. No idea how much it was for and felt too crass to ask!

I'm leaving it there. He knew he screwed up. He apologised on the phone to me and via his colleague. No harm came of it thankfully, and I'm pretty sure the bloke has reproached himself enough.

All's well that ends well!