Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

If I were an American ..

Wikiposts

If I were an American ..

Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:33 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If I were an American ..

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Exactly! No damage was done. Therefore how could you expect compensation for it?
not to late to take them then
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

When she returns the pills it will be documented because they will have to account for her then being given the correct pills. This is documentation for the store and also for the prescrption insurance payment as well.

The documentation will show who made the error so if the pharmacist has a record of "mistakes" he will be punished accordingly. There is a board of pharmacy that deals with pharmacy errors... just like doctors when they screw up.

I got that information from my local pharmacist today when I was waiting for a prescription
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
When she returns the pills it will be documented because they will have to account for her then being given the correct pills. This is documentation for the store and also for the prescrption insurance payment as well.

The documentation will show who made the error so if the pharmacist has a record of "mistakes" he will be punished accordingly. There is a board of pharmacy that deals with pharmacy errors... just like doctors when they screw up.

I got that information from my local pharmacist today when I was waiting for a prescription
That sounds how I hoped it would be. Thank you for passing on the info.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:43 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma

Sounds better than lets cash in and call lawyers and TV stations to me
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:48 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
I thought you were the man in your family and would act accordingly, at least that's what your posts say
There's only two of us that want to go back, the rest are happy here. Pardon me but I was stupid enough to think that sticking to your responsibilities would be the more manly thing to do.

So I should do as you're implying and just dump them and run huh?

Strange how you would chastize people for sueing a Pharmacist for making a mistake that could potentially kill them but see little wrong in fathers dodging their responsibilities to their kids.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
There's only two of us that want to go back, the rest are happy here. Pardon me but I was stupid enough to think that sticking to your responsibilities would be the more manly thing to do.

Strange how you would chastize people for sueing a Pharmacist for making a mistake that could potentially kill them but see little wrong in fathers dodging their responsibilities to their kids.
Perhaps the presumption was that you could just order your family to move back along with you?
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:54 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tracym
Perhaps the presumption was that you could just order your family to move back along with you?
No...he's just being a dick.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

I can just feel the luuuuuuuve....
Old Dec 7th 2007, 11:13 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I presumed a man of your charm and persuasion would just order the family back to the homeland. You're the one that says you wear the pants, man in the house, a woman's place and all that.

I've obviously touched a nerve. Sorry I took the piss out of someone that does the same on a variety of subjects in every thread. Now you've gone all Mr. Sensitive on me
Old Dec 7th 2007, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tracym
See.... I was right.

Of course, I am female - we are ALWAYS right.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 11:26 am
Account Closed

I presumed a man of your charm and persuasion would just order the family back to the homeland. You're the one that says you wear the pants, man in the house, a woman's place and all that.
Hang on a minute....you were actually suggesting or at least implying earlier....now you are only presuming? I detect a bit of back peddling going on...or atleast a bit of damage limitation of your credibility.

I've obviously touched a nerve. Sorry I took the piss out of someone that does the same on a variety of subjects in every thread. Now you've gone all Mr. Sensitive on me
Far from being Mr. Sensitive here, in one breath you were frowning on people that have the audacity to sue for getting the wrong drugs and being put in a possible life threatening suituation and then somewhat advocating absent fathers. Great sense of priorities there.

"Fuck the children, protect corporate America".
Want me to get you a few bumper stickers made up?
Old Dec 7th 2007, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you Mandana for approaching this rationally. It's true that too many are out for a quick buck, and we all pay in the end.

My best friend is a licensed physician, but has decided not to practice. "It isn't a matter of if I would be sued for malpractice, it's a matter of when" she told me. As an ob/gyn she would have take out $200,000 in malpractice insurance and maintain it for 18 years if she practiced one day. She once had a cousin of a patient tell her "if you screw it up we're suing you" when she was sewing a woman after a birth. Pissed her off something fierce.

I'm all for protecting people when things go terribly wrong - but that money doesn't come from the sky - we all end up footing the bill.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 11:45 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on a minute....you were actually suggesting or at least implying earlier....now you are only presuming? I detect a bit of back peddling going on...or atleast a bit of damage limitation of your credibility.

Far from being Mr. Sensitive here, in one breath you were frowning on people that have the audacity to sue for getting the wrong drugs and being put in a possible life threatening suituation and then somewhat advocating absent fathers. Great sense of priorities there.

"F[F]u[/FONT]ck the children, protect corporate America".
Want me to get you a few bumper stickers made up?
Corporate America? How do you know it isn't a family owned pharmacy? and kids will suffer if their Dad gets sued? eh? didn't think of that did you.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 11:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Corporate America? How do you know it isn't a family owned pharmacy? and kids will suffer if their Dad gets sued? eh? didn't think of that did you.
Because the OP said so.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=14
Old Dec 7th 2007, 11:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Wouldn't a family owned Pharmacy still have to seek the advice and pay a fortune to lawyers? Didnt think of that did you? And because the OP said so.....so Ner ner ner ner ner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.