Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

If I were an American ..

Wikiposts

If I were an American ..

Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:24 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If I were an American ..

There's also the third option: going to the media.

There are a LOT of mistakes like this happening due to using more and more cheaper pharmacy techs instead of pharmacists and not staffing properly. If I drop off an Rx at Walgreens during the day and need it then, I have to wait at least an hour!

There are still a few independent druggists here in Austin, but none in the burbs. When I have a one-time Rx I'll fill it at the independents cos I'm out and about. Much less waiting time and better service.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:35 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Funny how all the 'nice' people on BE show their true colors if there's a potential payout involved.
The pharmacist made a mistake, to sit there calculating the various options for personal gain is a bit sickening to be quite honest.
I'm sure he/she has a family and made an honest mistake which led to no harm, I'm sure the person could lose their job if lawyers and the media were involved.

Shame on everyone with the $$$$ signs in their eyes on this thread :curse:
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Funny how all the 'nice' people on BE show their true colors if there's a potential payout involved.
The pharmacist made a mistake, to sit there calculating the various options for personal gain is a bit sickening to be quite honest.
I'm sure he/she has a family and made an honest mistake which led to no harm, I'm sure the person could lose their job if lawyers and the media were involved.

Shame on everyone with the $$$$ signs in their eyes on this thread :curse:
I wouldn't be looking for money.

Reporting the error to a licensing board and/or the employer - maybe.

True, the pharmacist might have a family and need a job. But they have a very responsible job - and that kind of error could kill someone.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:37 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

The *pharmacist* made a mistake, but if a big chain store, they chronically understaff and overwork their employees. How does one fix that?
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
The *pharmacist* made a mistake, but if a big chain store, they chronically understaff and overwork their employees. How does one fix that?
I don't know - the Walgreens pharmacists around here seem quite happy, and don't look terribly busy or stressed. If they are, they hide it awfully well.

If you are going to have a job where you're responsible for people's lives - you need to be responsible.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:40 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Translation: It's a big chain store, I smell money
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:42 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Tracym
I don't know - the Walgreens pharmacists around here seem quite happy, and don't look terribly busy or stressed. If they are, they hide it awfully well.
Maybe we have more sick people? actually diabetes prevalence is very high due to the ethnographics of the population.

When I was a college student there was a mixup with a prescription that I didn't catch and ended up nearly falling asleep at the wheel due to taking the wrong drug (those days there was no print on the label saying what the pill should look like). Didn't sue, but we sure did let them know about it.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:44 am
Lapine Member

I've never sued anyone for malpractice in my life, even though I've had a whopper of a claim -- the doctors and nurses made a mistake, but it all came right after I had to recuperate from the mistake for four months.

Don't read that I want to sue, but at least around here, there aren't enough pharmacists, so much so that there are several pharmacy schools starting up.
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

And with the huge profits they make on drugs ..you can see why they can afford to build huge stores on every corner....
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Maybe we have more sick people? actually diabetes prevalence is very high due to the ethnographics of the population.

When I was a college student there was a mixup with a prescription that I didn't catch and ended up nearly falling asleep at the wheel due to taking the wrong drug (those days there was no print on the label saying what the pill should look like). Didn't sue, but we sure did let them know about it.
Could be true - I think just about everything can vary by area.

I'm glad you were ok.

Meds errors are quite a serious thing really - even a Vet Hospital got in quite an uproar over making one.

I agree with you - I wouldn't sue.... but I would make someone aware of it. Even the pharmacist on this thread thought it should be reported.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

It's not that, but companies understand money better!

Perhaps their processes need to change, perhaps someone should be double checking the prescriptions etc..

Sometimes it seems companies only change for the better when financial penalties are involved.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Tracym
Could be true - I think just about everything can vary by area.

I'm glad you were ok.

Meds errors are quite a serious thing really - even a Vet Hospital got in quite an uproar over making one.

I agree with you - I wouldn't sue.... but I would make someone aware of it. Even the pharmacist on this thread thought it should be reported.
Hard one to call, but the kneejerk 'cashing in on a claim' reactions are somewhat repugnant
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
It's not that, but companies understand money better!

Perhaps their processes need to change, perhaps someone should be double checking the prescriptions etc..

Sometimes it seems companies only change for the better when financial penalties are involved.
Read the posts, that's not how it was put
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:52 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
Straight on the dog to Morgan and Morgan ...
With a bit of a faint and rush to Hopsital halfway through the phone call.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Read the posts, that's not how it was put
Sorry, I mean from my point of view...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.