Ice Storm

Old Jan 14th 2007, 9:38 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ice Storm

Pretty chilly here in West Michigan right now, had some snow but expecting more as the week goes on. Not sure about the ice storm. Low temps but it may pass us by and head straight for the big apple. That'll show em!!!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

We've had a really nice ice storm this morning and are expecting snowstorms this evening. With my wife 40 weeks pregnant and just waiting at home until her contractions get regular enough, not really what I need!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:44 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

That sux mate. All the best with the missus. Tell her to hold on until summer if she can!
Old Jan 16th 2007, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Well we got a fine dusting of snow last night with a little bit of ice,but mostly it's just very cold,so the storm pretty much skipped over us.....not that I'm about to complain!...feel sorry for the rest of you guys who have got hit with it though,hope it passes soon........Sophia
Old Jan 16th 2007, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

nothing here in houston just a bit chilly which feels so good and refreshing...temps above freezing however lots of schools closed, peeps not showing up for work etc etc in anticipation of 'ice storm'
Old Jan 16th 2007, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
nothing here in houston just a bit chilly which feels so good and refreshing...temps above freezing however lots of schools closed, peeps not showing up for work etc etc in anticipation of 'ice storm'

Yeah, I'm glad it's not too bad but it would have been nice to have an excuse to have another day at home

I suppose it could still hit us tonight though.........

You're right about feeling refreshing. It's nice to step outside and be able to breath fresh air instead of crappy humid fug
Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:02 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just 100 miles north and FM2818 looked like destruction derby with Torvill and Dean. Idiot kids driving too fast and losing control. The car read -3C.
I laughed when I was told my car had heated leather seats, in Texas. I used them this morning for the first time ever.

The office is closed here today, as are all the schools. Sue worked the emergency ward last night so I am at work as not to disturb her. Just me and one other person 'made it in'.

Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Texas_Dave
I'm just 100 miles north and FM2818 looked like destruction derby with Torvill and Dean. Idiot kids driving too fast and losing control.

The office is closed here today, as are all the schools. Sue worked the emergency ward last night so I am at work as not to disturb her. Just me and one other person 'made it in'.

hope you've got your animals well tucked up
Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:08 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

Both horses have their blankets. The 3 cats, who normally 'hate' each other, were last seen sleeping next to each other. Our husky/wolf is oblivious. This is Lou-Lou's first real chill, and being short haired and the softest dog you ever met - she hates it. I locked all the pets out of the bedroom so they didn't disturb Sue, the dogs could have been axed and beaten and not looked any more forlorn.

hope you've got your animals well tucked up
Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:12 pm
Account Closed

Both horses have their blankets. The 3 cats, who normally 'hate' each other, were last seen sleeping next to each other. Our husky/wolf is oblivious. This is Lou-Lou's first real chill, and being short haired and the softest dog you ever met - she hates it. I locked all the pets out of the bedroom so they didn't disturb Sue, the dogs could have been axed and beaten and not looked any more forlorn.
well done....ok i'll settle for that
Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

California Dreamin' is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to live in Syracuse, upstate New York. We once got 84 inches of snow in 48 hours, the temp went down to -25F just before the storm hit.
Thank God for sunny southern California.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Another snow day here in lovely Seattle (and 'burbs) ah yes, no school - yet again! After the first few days it was nice, but its getting a bit old.....days like this I miss California:scared:
Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:37 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by California Dreamin'
I used to live in Syracuse, upstate New York. We once got 84 inches of snow in 48 hours, the temp went down to -25F just before the storm hit.
And you had to walk 4 miles uphill both ways to school?
Old Jan 16th 2007, 3:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

nothing really happened here, though we still have the storm warnings, and parts of NH have closed down apparently...
Old Jan 16th 2007, 4:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just 100 miles north and FM2818 looked like destruction derby with Torvill and Dean. Idiot kids driving too fast and losing control. The car read -3C.
I laughed when I was told my car had heated leather seats, in Texas. I used them this morning for the first time ever.

I used mine as well this morning. The heat creeping up my back and under my butt felt so good. When I got to work I didn't want to get out of the truck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.