Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

IA/ExpatRide or Dealer?

IA/ExpatRide or Dealer?

Old Feb 24th 2017, 3:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IA/ExpatRide or Dealer?

Originally Posted by The Moose
As I understand it, an umbrella covers you on auto, homeowners/renters etc.

Are you saying that all the base policies have to be with the same company for the umbrella to apply?

I'd still be interested in knowing who provided the other chap his policies as the ones I were looking at required the normal policies to be maxed out.
Yes, other policies must be maxed out before the umbrella kicks in.

I am not 100% sure on auto policies, but as I understand it, the umbrella must be from the same company the homeowners policy, as homeowners includes general liability coverage, and the umbrella is additional liability coverage.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 6:04 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski

I am not 100% sure on auto policies, but as I understand it, the umbrella must be from the same company the homeowners policy, as homeowners includes general liability coverage, and the umbrella is additional liability coverage.
and very useful when someone sues you for $1 million in US Federal Court.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 7:31 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnneA
Giving them SSN and address shouldn't be a problem, I am more worried about the monthly cost.

@Jack8602 - would you care to share how much did VW quote you for a lease for that golf?
I pay $485 a month, it's a 3 year lease.

I put $1500 down, and took out the extra policy that covers any dents, dings, scratches etc - so i can take it back and it'll be no charge whatever the condition.

If i didn't have the protection policy i believe the price was around $420-430 a month