Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I would like some advise about an L2 Visa Application

I would like some advise about an L2 Visa Application

Old Dec 23rd 2007, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

rickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nice
Default I would like some advise about an L2 Visa Application

Hi there I was surfing the net looking for some advise on how my wife goes about getting an L2 visa and came across your forum site I must say there is some pretty interesting stuff on your forums and by the looks of it loads of brits overseas, so i'm hoping some of you may be to help me, I've got an L1-B visa and i'm back in the uk for x-mas, my wife is going to get an L2 visa in the new year but i've looked on the US embassy website and can't find out what paperwork she might need from me before I come back to the US early next year, I know she has to file a DS-156 form and book an interview just like I had to but the visa was in my name so I only had to take the I-797A form with me to the embassy, i've got the I-797B form of this but really would like to know if she needs anything else!!

Can anyone help please!!!
Merry X-mas and a happy new year to you all

P.s. anyone out there living around mooresville, north carolina please get in touch!!
Cheers Rick
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 4:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I would like some advise about an L2 Visa Application

Originally Posted by rickbashley
Hi there I was surfing the net looking for some advise on how my wife goes about getting an L2 visa and came across your forum site.
Are you the same guy as in this post? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...58&postcount=1. I think there's something in the rules about not having multiple accounts. That said, I have no useful information for you about your wife's L2.

Ian
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 4:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
[/URL]. I think there's something in the rules about not having multiple accounts. That said, I have no useful information for you about your wife's L2.

Ian
That said... there could well be two gearbox technician aged 37 in the same town ..
with the same problems

You are a real cynic sometimes...
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 4:29 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there I was surfing the net looking for some advise on how my wife goes about getting an L2 visa and came across your forum site I must say there is some pretty interesting stuff on your forums and by the looks of it loads of brits overseas, so i'm hoping some of you may be to help me, I've got an L1-B visa and i'm back in the uk for x-mas, my wife is going to get an L2 visa in the new year but i've looked on the US embassy website and can't find out what paperwork she might need from me before I come back to the US early next year, I know she has to file a DS-156 form and book an interview just like I had to but the visa was in my name so I only had to take the I-797A form with me to the embassy, i've got the I-797B form of this but really would like to know if she needs anything else!!

P.s. anyone out there living around mooresville, north carolina please get in touch!!
Cheers Rick
Your I-797B, her birth certificate, marriage certificate, passport... plus passport-style photo perhaps.
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

rickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nice

Thanks very much for the reply Elvira it was much appreciated, and to Ray and Ian yes the other thread was posted by me but once I read it I didn't think it made much sense and I couldn't find a way to re-word it or to delete it and as my time back in the UK is limited I thought my only other option was to make another username which is the one I will be using from now on if that's ok!

Cheers Rick
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 5:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much for the reply Elvira it was much appreciated, and to Ray and Ian yes the other thread was posted by me but once I read it I didn't think it made much sense and I couldn't find a way to re-word it or to delete it and as my time back in the UK is limited I thought my only other option was to make another username which is the one I will be using from now on if that's ok!

Cheers Rick
Hi Rick,

I have forwarded your request for the deletion of your previous account to the appropriate person.

Rene
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Rene
Thanks for doing that for me once again I apologise for bending the rules!

Cheers Rick
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
You are a real cynic sometimes...
Just sometimes? I must be slipping in my old age!

Ian
Old Dec 29th 2007, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Rick
Just wanted to add... If your wife is going to apply for an EAD, then do so by post... Thats what we did, and we got it super-fast and didn't have to go for biometrics
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice but how do I go about applying for an EAD by post and what documentation do we need to send with it, as my wife is coming out to visit me at the end of next month but her and the kids aren't moving over proper until June once i've sold my house in the UK, do you think I could apply for the EAD when she comes over to visit or would it be better to wait until she was here for good!!
Cheers Rick
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for the advice but how do I go about applying for an EAD by post and what documentation do we need to send with it
Download form I-765 from www.uscis.gov. It'll tell you what stuff you need to send.

... do you think I could apply for the EAD when she comes over to visit or would it be better to wait until she was here for good!
She needs to have a basis on which to file... and "visitor" won't do it. She will likely need to wait until she has entered the US on her L2 visa.

Ian
Old Dec 31st 2007, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Ian, So even if she enters the US in January on her L2 visa it would be better to wait until she is in the US perminentaly or do you think I could try applying at end of Jan that way she might have the EAD for when she arrives in June!
Cheers Rick
Old Dec 31st 2007, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

So even if she enters the US in January on her L2 visa it would be better to wait until she is in the US perminentaly or do you think I could try applying at end of Jan that way she might have the EAD for when she arrives in June!
Ah... it was unclear whether or not she'd be entering the US on her L2 in January. If that's the case, then submitting the I-765 at that time should work out fine. She does not need to remain in the US for the EAD to process.

Ian
Old Dec 31st 2007, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the help Ian, i've breifly looked at the form on-line just have to read the small print to see if we can apply via e-filing or not!

Thanks Rick
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the advice but how do I go about applying for an EAD by post and what documentation do we need to send with it, as my wife is coming out to visit me at the end of next month but her and the kids aren't moving over proper until June once i've sold my house in the UK, do you think I could apply for the EAD when she comes over to visit or would it be better to wait until she was here for good!!
Cheers Rick
If i remember, its a bit vague on what you need to send...

We sent anything we could think of... Copys of my L1 approval note, copy of the L1 petition, copy of both pasports visa, I94 and ID page, copy of wifes birth certificate, copy of marrage certificate... Make sure the photo's that you send comply with their specifications. With any luck, by the time your wife comes back - her EAD will have arrived. My wife got hers in about 6 weeks I think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.