British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   I want a fresh start !!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/i-want-fresh-start-597062/)

CitySimon Mar 13th 2009 8:21 am

Re: I want a fresh start !!!!

I'm impressed guys. I thought you were all very tolerant of that enquiry. Well done.

Maybe it would have been different if she said she wanted to move to Florida. :)

Englishtart Mar 13th 2009 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by CitySimon (Post 7374821)
I'm impressed guys. I thought you were all very tolerant of that enquiry. Well done.

Maybe it would have been different if she said she wanted to move to Florida. :)

Never heard of anyone wanting to move there!! :sneaky:

anotherlimey Mar 13th 2009 6:54 pm

This question comes up every week, why we don't have a sticky post at the top I have no idea... :unsure:

MsElui Mar 14th 2009 12:57 am

Originally Posted by anotherlimey (Post 7376592)
This question comes up every week, why we don't have a sticky post at the top I have no idea... :unsure:

THERE IS one in the immigration section - they still dont read it!

caleyjag Mar 14th 2009 9:02 am

Sometimes people just don't get it.

Also it amazes me how many people from the UK think moving abroad will solve all their problems. Like it's the land of milk and honey out here or something.

Bermudashorts Mar 14th 2009 9:43 am

Originally Posted by eugene43 (Post 7373810)
have you tryed getting into oz lately

The Australian permanent residency applications are taking a long time, but it is very doable for a lot of occupations.

I am a professional person (accountant) and would love to emmigrate to the US, but realised long time ago that there is no chance. My husband interviewed with a company that wanted to sponsor him but I would not be able to work and I am generally the main breadwinner. *sigh*

veryfunny Mar 14th 2009 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by cmsassy (Post 7371152)
Hello to everyone on here, am new to here and am currently looking into making a new start for me and my daughter in the states. Apart from thinking and dreaming about it, am really at a loss of what i need to do and where i go to find out more. Can anyone help ??? Will be starting from scratch, so i suppose the main items are somewhere to live and employment, as well as my daughters education.
Thank you in advance
Claire xx

What type field are you in? this can help.

Poppy girl Mar 14th 2009 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by cmsassy (Post 7371353)
Hi Chris

Thanks for the info, unfortunately marriage is out of the question, do not know any USC :(

My job is just assessing and agreeing Marine Insurance Claims
, nothing to specialized really, but you do have to have knowledge of certain rules and regulations.

I shall keep looking and finding out as much as I can, and hopefully sort something out. Just want to give my daughter a fresh and brighter start :D

Claire xx

Originally Posted by veryfunny (Post 7378804)
What type field are you in? this can help.

;) Not going to happen unless the lady has another hidden talent.