Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

( I think ) I bought Obamacare

( I think ) I bought Obamacare

Old Jan 21st 2015, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ( I think ) I bought Obamacare

Platinum just refers to the deductibles etc as far as I am aware, the Doctors rates are no different.

Personally I expect everything has to tits up before there can be change.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OnwardandUpward
@ Boiler thought's why I bought Platinum...and frankly I don't see any difficulty with it. They made me pay two months up front.

It's been a long time since I took on the government, but I've got two months off work now with nothing better to do...
You're not taking on the government, you're taking on a private health insurer.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

OnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
You're not taking on the government, you're taking on a private health insurer.
actually it's loads easier to take on a company- but the fact that the government insists I buy insurance and tries to sell it to me...it is a government issue.

Because I've taken this time off from my business, I have nothing better to do frankly.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

actually it's loads easier to take on a company- but the fact that the government insists I buy insurance and tries to sell it to me...it is a government issue.

Because I've taken this time off from my business, I have nothing better to do frankly.
Yep, the government insists you don't become a "free loader"...

Btw, you had the choice of buying directly from an insurer and foregoing the subsidy, if any, you were due.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 10:03 pm
Account Closed

Good luck
Old Jan 21st 2015, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

Your fight is with United Healthcare. They might try to say your problem is with Obamacare/ACA, but it's not. Your contract is with a health insurance company. You're not a crusader who's taking on the government, great story though it would make.

By the way, you said nobody has a good Obamacare story, but I posted mine just the other day on this thread.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

This is a highly regulated product both at Federal and State level, so the Government does have an involvement.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

And if an insurance product is breaking state regulations you go to the state insurance ombudsman surely?

I'm struggling to see why this is the president's fault for bring in the Affordable Care Act.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

OnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kins
Your fight is with United Healthcare. They might try to say your problem is with Obamacare/ACA, but it's not. Your contract is with a health insurance company. You're not a crusader who's taking on the government, great story though it would make.

By the way, you said nobody has a good Obamacare story, but I posted mine just the other day on this thread.
Would love to hear it kins, sorry, missed that. Have spent like 9000 hours messing about so far....have you been able to use your insurance policy bought via the government website initially?

My issue with the president is the false representation and his cockiness about the whole issue- and I voted for him and for healthcare reform.

This was his signature legislation, and now he's not responding to messages sent to the White House about it.

This is why I left England- Tony Blair refused to deal with our IRS complaints as contractor workers ( IR 35 ) and we ended up paying about 60% tax in the UK. We took it to the nth degree and couldn't get anywhere.

@ Giantaxe- I really should have just bought a policy not via the government. I feel very stupid right now!

I'm a qualified social worker ( in the UK ) and I had a really bad feeling about this from the start.

It is supposed to be highly regulated.

Something is just not right.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My issue with the president is the false representation and his cockiness about the whole issue- and I voted for him and for healthcare reform.

This was his signature legislation, and now he's not responding to messages sent to the White House about it.
Indeed, Mr Obama should drop everything and spend his time responding to you.

@ Giantaxe- I really should have just bought a policy not via the government. I feel very stupid right now!
Why do you think it would make much difference whether you bought it via an exchange website or directly from an insurer? As others have said, your gripe here is with the response you're getting from a private insurer. But hey, keep spending your time messaging the White House if that makes you feel better...
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Indeed, Mr Obama should drop everything and spend his time responding to you.

Why do you think it would make much difference whether you bought it via an exchange website or directly from an insurer? As others have said, your gripe here is with the response you're getting from a private insurer. But hey, keep spending your time messaging the White House if that makes you feel better...

So you are prepared to be as facetious as Obama or the administration is is????

My 'gripe' is I just spent $500 on nothing.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 5:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So you are prepared to be as facetious as Obama or the administration is is????

My 'gripe' is I just spent $500 on nothing.
On the contrary, I was being completely serious.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Honestly, I am not going to be phased by having to deal with all this, after everything I've already been through in life. Once you lose a baby, there is nothing worse to cope with in life. But it shouldn't have to be you have to threaten your own administration, in a democracy in a free country.

This was exactly what we took up with Tony Blair before we left England!

And these people are being awarded as though they are in some way special or clever.

Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

This has turned into the weirdest thread.

Is there a *steps away for own safety* emoticon?
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kins
This has turned into the weirdest thread.

Is there a *steps away for own safety* emoticon?

I have never for the life of me understood why someone feels entitled to be obnoxious to a stranger online who is having problems?

Do please enlighten me.

Just because you're okay doesn't mean other people are! 'I'm alright Jack' my dad used to say...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.