Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I saw a lawyer today...

I saw a lawyer today...

Old Jun 12th 2004, 12:43 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Default I saw a lawyer today...

I thought it might be of use to someone else if I share what he told me. As you might know, my green card was dependant on my job and employer. I wanted to know if I could break my contract and leave my job and still keep my green card safe, as I had to sign something at my embassy interview to day I promised to start the job on my arrival in the States. He told me that my green card is completely safe and that I am free to seek employment elsewhere and I am even free to not work at all should I so choose. I may have to pay the penalty to the company, but as far as immigration goes it seems I am in the clear. He even went as far as to say that as a nurse I am in an extremely good position in this country...very comforting words. So....looks like I will be free very soon! Hope that helps someone who might be in the same situation.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 12:58 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news. So where you be heading with the freedom? CT or will CT come to AZ?
Old Jun 12th 2004, 1:30 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm planning on being in CT by the end of July. I have another travel nurse company banging on my door and they are interviewing me on Monday for 4 jobs in CT. That will mean I can just go back and have a job lined up so I intend to take about a month off. Can't believe it might finally happen!
Old Jun 12th 2004, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck, Glad things are now working out for you. I hope to be out in Phoenix by the end of this yr beginning of next but hopefully my experience will be better than yours.

Anna
Old Jun 12th 2004, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

SueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great news to hear Bet you cant wait - all the best to you,
Old Jun 13th 2004, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I saw a lawyer today...

Good luck, Rockgurl. Most of Connecticut is very nice and you'll be near two great cultural centers, New York and Boston.
Old Jun 13th 2004, 12:19 am
Rock Goddess

Thanks all of you. I can't believe the moment has finally come after 3 and a half years of waiting. I'm just trying to pluck up the courage to write my letter of resignation, but I think I'll wait until after my job interview on Monday. I don't care if I have a job or not to be honest, I just want to go home. I'll miss Phoenix a lot...I've had such a fabulous time here. I'm so glad I came as I have met some wonderful people and had an amazing experience. I'm looking forward to buying a house with my wife now, and set up our first home together finally. She's been so amazingly patient and supportive, I want to provide her with a wonderful home and life to repay her. I'm a very, very lucky woman.