Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I have arrived!

I have arrived!

Old Dec 11th 2003, 6:56 am
Just Joined

aussie99 is an unknown quantity at this point

well... now i'm here too {{{rock mummy}}}

so... all this visa/immigration stuff is all rather daunting and i don't know where to start... but rockgurl said this was the place to be... so i think i'll have a bit of a look around...

hope to meet you all soon...

cheers

aussie99
Old Dec 11th 2003, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I have arrived!

Originally posted by Rockgurl
Hello peoples! Did you miss me? I am finally "an American"! It's beautifully sunny here in Phoenix and was actually quite hot when I got here, although it's cooled off a bit. It doesn't feel a bit like Christmas....very strange indeed. As you can see, my new computer arrived at last. It was unboxed and online within half an hour...a record I believe. Everything has gone smoothly...I went to the Social Security office and am awaiting my card. I opened a bank account (and got a free pen! Yippee!), and I picked up my hire car and have been driving and driving and driving...my lord, Phoenix is so spread out! We got stranded in the desert the other day because a car had flipped over the guard rail and gone down the ravine. All the roads were closed and we were stuck there for ages. At least I got to see a cactus at last! My poor Deb flew back to Connecticut yesterday...back to the snowstorm. I'm quite relieved I'm here!

There goes the neighbourhood...WTG Rock !
Old Dec 11th 2003, 12:27 pm
ScarlettHill

YAAAAAY!!!!!

You MADE it!!!!

WELCOME TO AMERICA!

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old Dec 11th 2003, 4:14 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by aussie99
well... now i'm here too {{{rock mummy}}}

so... all this visa/immigration stuff is all rather daunting and i don't know where to start... but rockgurl said this was the place to be... so i think i'll have a bit of a look around...

hope to meet you all soon...

cheers

aussie99
{{{{aussie}}}} you made it! Be nice you guys, aussie needs some help. She's in the same position I was...long-distance relationship etc.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Good to be here!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 4:16 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

{{{{aussie}}}} you made it! Be nice you guys, aussie needs some help. She's in the same position I was...long-distance relationship etc.

I'm lost.... is Aussie in Arizona?

Welcome to BritishExpats Aussie!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 4:19 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

LOL...no I wish she was! aussie is in Australia but wants to come to America and needs some advice on visas.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Maybe, but at least your nation won the Rugby World Cup Final Rock

Gloating Obscenely Yours
Old Dec 11th 2003, 6:09 pm
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all

Welcome to the USA Rockgurl.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you made it over there alright and are enjoying yourself!

Elaine
Old Dec 11th 2003, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
I'm lost.... is Aussie in Arizona?

Welcome to BritishExpats Aussie!

hi brigie... thanks for the welcome

and {{{rock mummy}}} i wish i was in az too but i'm in sydney... and wanting to go to the sates and at least work... i have 2 degrees (social work and teaching) but no idea where to start!!!

anyway... i'll be back with LOADS of questions

take care all

aussie
Old Dec 12th 2003, 12:56 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb

Hey Aussie 99,

I guess you're an Australian citizen and not a British expat living in Oz?

If you're an Aussie you are eligible to enter the Green Card lottery. I know a young woman from the Gold Coast who won a Green Card. She actually doesn't like it over here (can't stand the cold winters!) but she's waiting for her girlfriend (now an American citizen but originally from Nigeria) to finish her Master's Degree. They will then move to Australia as Oz recognises de-facto relationships.

I'm not sure of the closing date for the next lottery - I have a feeling you may have just missed it but at least it's an option open to Aussies and not us Brits from the UK mainland!

Also you might pick up some info here:

http://www.americanaustralian.org

http://www.australiansabroad.com

Hope this helps!
Old Dec 12th 2003, 1:00 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Englishmum
Hey Aussie 99,

I'm not sure of the closing date for the next lottery - I have a feeling you may have just missed it but at least it's an option open to Aussies and not us Brits from the UK mainland!

What a coincidence! Just scroll down the Homepage of the am-oz association and it has the info about the Green Card lottery....but you must apply by December 30th!

Get your skates on!

[
Old Dec 12th 2003, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have arrived!

Hello peoples! Did you miss me? I am finally "an American"! It's beautifully sunny here in Phoenix and was actually quite hot when I got here, although it's cooled off a bit. It doesn't feel a bit like Christmas....very strange indeed. As you can see, my new computer arrived at last. It was unboxed and online within half an hour...a record I believe. Everything has gone smoothly...I went to the Social Security office and am awaiting my card. I opened a bank account (and got a free pen! Yippee!), and I picked up my hire car and have been driving and driving and driving...my lord, Phoenix is so spread out! We got stranded in the desert the other day because a car had flipped over the guard rail and gone down the ravine. All the roads were closed and we were stuck there for ages. At least I got to see a cactus at last! My poor Deb flew back to Connecticut yesterday...back to the snowstorm. I'm quite relieved I'm here!

Welcome to America!! Glad you made it okay- have fun settling in and good luck with your new job
Old Dec 14th 2003, 10:05 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Englishmum
Hey Aussie 99,

I guess you're an Australian citizen and not a British expat living in Oz?

If you're an Aussie you are eligible to enter the Green Card lottery. I know a young woman from the Gold Coast who won a Green Card. She actually doesn't like it over here (can't stand the cold winters!) but she's waiting for her girlfriend (now an American citizen but originally from Nigeria) to finish her Master's Degree. They will then move to Australia as Oz recognises de-facto relationships.

Also you might pick up some info here:

http://www.australiansabroad.com

Hope this helps!

thanks englishmum... you're a legend! will look at those links... a little light reading for bedtime lol

yup i'm an aussie... and applied for the lottery... but... well... it's a LOTTERY and the last thing i won was 50cents in vegas lol so... who knows... fingers crossed!

cheers

aussie
Old Dec 14th 2003, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Modigliana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by aussie99
thanks englishmum... you're a legend! will look at those links... a little light reading for bedtime lol

yup i'm an aussie... and applied for the lottery... but... well... it's a LOTTERY and the last thing i won was 50cents in vegas lol so... who knows... fingers crossed!

cheers

aussie
If one of your degrees is a Masters or above, then consider the "National Interest Waiver". You can do it yourself (no attorney required) and you don't need a job offer or sponsorship to get a greencard. If you have many years of experience but no advanced degree you may still be able to apply but the rrequirements are higher.

Don't waste your time in this forum unless you feel like a chat. The serious immigration stuff can be found at places like this...

Last edited by Modigliana; Dec 14th 2003 at 3:31 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.