Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I have arrived!

I have arrived!

Old Dec 10th 2003, 4:26 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Talking I have arrived!

Hello peoples! Did you miss me? I am finally "an American"! It's beautifully sunny here in Phoenix and was actually quite hot when I got here, although it's cooled off a bit. It doesn't feel a bit like Christmas....very strange indeed. As you can see, my new computer arrived at last. It was unboxed and online within half an hour...a record I believe. Everything has gone smoothly...I went to the Social Security office and am awaiting my card. I opened a bank account (and got a free pen! Yippee!), and I picked up my hire car and have been driving and driving and driving...my lord, Phoenix is so spread out! We got stranded in the desert the other day because a car had flipped over the guard rail and gone down the ravine. All the roads were closed and we were stuck there for ages. At least I got to see a cactus at last! My poor Deb flew back to Connecticut yesterday...back to the snowstorm. I'm quite relieved I'm here!

Old Dec 10th 2003, 4:31 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Bleedin 'eck.... What a great surprise!

Was wondering how things were going with you just 10 minutes ago!

Don't hold that pen sacred... they'll probably give you one every time you go to the bank. My car is full of them.

You should have seen this flippin snow... I had relatives stuck in it Friday night trying to get here from JKF.

Glad you're here and things are going well! ô¿~

Love and Hugs.... Brigie
Old Dec 10th 2003, 4:42 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Brigie! I still remember last years snow, and the 10-foot high snow banks! I can't believe it's all happening again...poor you! I shall be thinking of you when I sit by the pool!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 5:06 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Rockgurl and welcome aboard

Did you see Pimpbot waving when you flew overhead coming into land? P.S. christmas is at Pimpbots house this year, have ya seen all the goodies he got? lucky bugger!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I have arrived!

It's good to "see" you. Glad that everything is going so well now that you are finally here in the States. I wish you & Deb all the best with your new life. Where will you two be spending Christmas, CT or AZ?
Old Dec 10th 2003, 5:11 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Rockgurl!
sincerest welcomes over here.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

croesx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rockgurl
Hello peoples! Did you miss me? I am finally "an American"! It's beautifully sunny here in Phoenix and was actually quite hot when I got here, although it's cooled off a bit. It doesn't feel a bit like Christmas....very strange indeed. As you can see, my new computer arrived at last. It was unboxed and online within half an hour...a record I believe. Everything has gone smoothly...I went to the Social Security office and am awaiting my card. I opened a bank account (and got a free pen! Yippee!), and I picked up my hire car and have been driving and driving and driving...my lord, Phoenix is so spread out! We got stranded in the desert the other day because a car had flipped over the guard rail and gone down the ravine. All the roads were closed and we were stuck there for ages. At least I got to see a cactus at last! My poor Deb flew back to Connecticut yesterday...back to the snowstorm. I'm quite relieved I'm here!

Welcome!!!!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Hello from over the otherside of the Valley!

You seem to be settling in nicely. Have you got your bearings yet, as far as knowing where Tempe is, where Scottsdale is etc, etc?. isnt this weather bitching! I've been out every morning this week, biking through Papago Park in the sun.

Glad you made it here safe and sound
Old Dec 10th 2003, 6:55 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rockgurl!
Glad to hear you're settling in and finding your way around. How long till you start work again? Have you checked the place out yet? Oops, have I said the dreaded word?
Old Dec 10th 2003, 7:20 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back Rockgurl! It's about time you showed up LOL

Juliet
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

SueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you are settling in Rockgurl!!!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 10:40 pm
Rock Goddess

Cool

Awww, shucks, you do remember me! So good to be back! I'm absolutely lost without a computer! Yes, I saw Pimpbot as I was flying in...he was the only one not driving a car! I'm going to have to buy a bike and come and join you for those morning rides...the weather is gorgeous! I've figured out Phoenix just about. I know where Central Avenue is in relation to all the streets and avenues, and I did venture to Scottsdale which I promptly fell in love with. It's fab! I ate out at Thaiphoon the other night, and was really impressed with it. I went past that Indian you mentioned on my way to Tonto National Forest, so when we meet up for a curry I will actually know where I'm going! I also drove to Mesa the other night, and I'm surprised how easy it is to get about. I'm beginning to feel at home now.

Can you believe it, but I've only been here just over a week and I got my social security card in the mail today! ladyofthelake, I'm starting work on Monday and am a bit anxious about it, but once I do it I'll be fine. I have to study a bit over the next few days because I have to do an Advanced Life Support course before I start work and it's dead hard. I've been up to the hospital to see where it is and it looked nice from the outside.

mrsm, I still don't know where I'm spending Christmas yet as I don't have my schedule. I'm going to be off for Christmas but have to work New Year, and can't book a flight until I know when I'm working. I just hope they have flights left, but after seeing the weather I'm not sure if it's a good idea! Very pretty and all that but travelling in it is a nightmare! I might have to raid Pimpbot's house in the middle of the night and steal his mince pies!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 11:18 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Rockgurl
Hi Brigie! I still remember last years snow, and the 10-foot high snow banks! I can't believe it's all happening again...poor you! I shall be thinking of you when I sit by the pool!

We're getting more on Sunday night!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

If you found the Indian, then it probably means you rode down McDowell, past the Army reserve base on the left and through the two small mountains before hitting the Scottsdale Autoplex where all the car dealerships are?. Right there on the right is Papago park, or at least the start of it. I'm just a little more to the left of one of those small mountains in south Scottsdale. Infact, I can see it from my patio.

Also, Tempe bike are having a huge 50% sale starting on the 12th. So if you want a bike, you maybe able to find something for a good price there.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 11:59 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome aboard RG! Glad to hear that you made it without any hiccoughs!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.